Ft. Lauderale to Orlando

HiMagicFan

You could fly, but could be most of the way there in a car before you clear security.:( Rent a car - mostly toll road; trip takes about 3 1/2 hours. If the car rental agency offers an electronic toll pass (usually $2.50 per day plus tolls) take it to save yourself lots of time and aggrivation.;) Good luck!:)

Thanks JohninDC....the electronic toll pass is the best tip yet. Coming from HI we don't have tolls and when i drive in CA and WA they don't either. Forgot about this....will add this to my plans.

And your right ~ if we can avoid airport security we will so driving it will be!

Mahalo!

Totally recommend driving and getting the Sun Pass transponder. FYI, $2.50 per day to rent, and they'll charge you for the tolls. Should be about $15. Still a bargain.

Take the turnpike straight up, you'll love it. Straight, flat road, with Service Plazas every 30 to 50 miles.

Check out some of the Disney deals. Stay on the property, with the food plan. You'll save a heap and a load! You might be able to ditch the car as Disney has some great inter-park transportation.

I will again recommend the meal plan. You will eat well and it's such a bargain!

You could fly, but could be most of the way there in a car before you clear security.:( Rent a car - mostly toll road; trip takes about 3 1/2 hours. If the car rental agency offers an electronic toll pass (usually $2.50 per day plus tolls) take it to save yourself lots of time and aggrivation.;) Good luck!:)

Also agree because you'll have to rent a car when you get to Orlando anyway.

Agree with Ruthless Bunny. Definitely stay onsight at Disney. It can't compare with staying off property and the deals are so good right now you can stay at one of the Disney All Stars for the same price as an off property hotel. Go to www.Mousesavers.com for deals.

I once used a discount in a Spanish (through mousesavers.com) newspaper and got the Disney All Star Music in peak season for $44 per night.

Archived