Specialty Dinner In Cabin?

MessyJessy

I've noticed on these boards that some folks just like to say things in order to get that little jab in to make themselves feel more important. It's cool though. Most folks like that just crack me up with their statements.

You're right. I'm not sure of their motives, but comments such as some of those given, are just the kind of thing that gives some people the impression that Celebrity is "snobby." We're Elite cruisers who usually enjoy the different dining venues on the ships, including the specialty restaurants and buffets. We also frequent our local Chinese buffet and Olive Garden-type restaurants. We've been known to do take-out as well, and on occasion I cook. Who cares? As others have said, request the in-room service. It can't hurt to ask. Go and enjoy!

I hesitate to put words in another poster's mouth, but I think she may have meant that eating in Celebrity's specialty restaurants is about more than the food- it's presentation and service as well. Getting takeout would defeat that purpose entirely. If one was to order takeout from Olive Garden, you're not missing anything because one assumes you'd only go there for the food, right?

I'm surprised they allow young children in Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille. I still don't plan on bringing my 14 month old there- I think we're going to ask the grandparents to babysit those nights.

Ok, I know this is a little strange but I searched and couldn't find any info.

Are you able to order from Silk Harvest and have it "togo"/ delivered to your cabin?

We are planning a night in Tuscan Grille while the grandparents watch our 2 year old daughter but I don't want to wear them out...they're on vacay too.

I wanted to try Silk Harvest and just wondered if they could accommodate that type of request. Kind of like take out from P.F. Changs.:D

To answer your question, I'm quite sure you can't do "take out" with any of the specialty restaurants. However, I have a question for you. If you are "planning a night out while the grandparents watch your two-year-old", why would you be bringing the meal back to your room? I'm not sure how that makes it a "night out." I'm not being facitious...just curious.

I think it's kind of you not to want to wear out the grandparents, but I would think they wouldn't offer to watch your child while you and DH went to dinner unless they felt they could do it, but I could be wrong.

Jo-Ann

I apologize if my response ruffled feathers. It was meant with humor, something that cannot be felt many times in written words on these boards.

To be polite without being funny, I don't think you can carry out or order meals from the specialty restaurants. We've tried, even in the PH and they said sorry, no.

I hesitate to put words in another poster's mouth, but I think she may have meant that eating in Celebrity's specialty restaurants is about more than the food- it's presentation and service as well. Getting takeout would defeat that purpose entirely. If one was to order takeout from Olive Garden, you're not missing anything because one assumes you'd only go there for the food, right?

I'm surprised they allow young children in Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille. I still don't plan on bringing my 14 month old there- I think we're going to ask the grandparents to babysit those nights.

From what I've read, Silk Harvest is similar to P.F. Changs which I've ordered from many times. Since its so similar, maybe they could accomedate us in the same respect. My thoughts were "why not ask"; perhaps someone else has done it before.

I do not want to take my 2 yr old daughter to SH nor would I take her to Tuscan Grille. That is out of respect for other diners.

This was simply a question of having a meal prepared by them and delivering it.

To answer your question, I'm quite sure you can't do "take out" with any of the specialty restaurants. However, I have a question for you. If you are "planning a night out while the grandparents watch your two-year-old", why would you be bringing the meal back to your room? I'm not sure how that makes it a "night out." I'm not being facitious...just curious.

I think it's kind of you not to want to wear out the grandparents, but I would think they wouldn't offer to watch your child while you and DH went to dinner unless they felt they could do it, but I could be wrong.

Jo-Ann

We are planning a night out as stated in the original post. We will be dining in TG sans daughter.

I do not want to take advantage of the grandparents generosity in watching her since they offered "for a date night" (i take that as 1 night) and thought an evening in would be fun for the three of us...especially if we could order from SH.

We are planning a night out as stated in the original post. We will be dining in TG sans daughter.

I do not want to take advantage of the grandparents generosity in watching her since they offered "for a date night" (i take that as 1 night) and thought an evening in would be fun for the three of us...especially if we could order from SH.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. And that's thoughtful of you not to take advantage of the grandparents.

Jo-Ann

Archived