Specialty Dinner In Cabin?

MessyJessy

Ok, I know this is a little strange but I searched and couldn't find any info.

Are you able to order from Silk Harvest and have it "togo"/ delivered to your cabin?

We are planning a night in Tuscan Grille while the grandparents watch our 2 year old daughter but I don't want to wear them out...they're on vacay too.

I wanted to try Silk Harvest and just wondered if they could accommodate that type of request. Kind of like take out from P.F. Changs.:D

Are you able to order from Silk Harvest and have it "togo"/ delivered to your cabin?

We are planning a night in Tuscan Grille while the grandparents watch our 2 year old daughter but I don't want to wear them out...they're on vacay too.

I wanted to try Silk Harvest and just wondered if they could accommodate that type of request. Kind of like take out from P.F. Changs.:D

Specialty restaurants don't do take out----they're not Olive Garden but upscale restaurants.

Specialty restaurants don't do take out----they're not Olive Garden but upscale restaurants.

Yikes Kitty 9,

Hoping I never ask a general question that you feel was apparently out of line! The OP asked a serious question, a simple "no" would have sufficed! :D

Ken

Yikes Kitty 9,

Hoping I never ask a general question that you feel was apparently out of line! The OP asked a serious question, a simple "no" would have sufficed! :D

Ken

Apparently those who can, teach; while those who can't, preach.

We've got ourselves a preacher....:eek:

MJ: Why not ask once you're on board? Given your predicament, you might find them very accommodating.

No I don't think they will deliver. But you could ask real nice and maybe they will :D

If you are in a suite, you CAN indeed order from a specialty restaurant, except the Tepanaki one.....I plan on doing that in December.

Maybe you are confusing Celebrity with another line as I don't think they have a "tepanaki" restaurant?

I think Silk Harvest is more relaxed in their age rules than the other specialty restaurants. We ate at SH and didn't find the food any better than a PF Changs. Service was extremely slow so I wouldn't recommend taking a 2 yo, even if it is allowed. The main value imo is the amount of food you can eat for the $25 pp tab. DH enjoyed a lot of sushi. I, on the other hand, was still full from our lunch in Cozumel and didn't get my "money's worth". You could always get stir fry from the buffet, which I think may be available in the evening (no personal knowledge of this though) and they do have sushi earlier in the evening in the buffet area.

Good luck with your dining decisions.

There are lots of upscale restaurants that do take out...not just Olive Garden. From what I've read on the boards, Silk Harvest is similar to P.F. Changs which I've ordered take out from before.

Yikes Kitty 9,

Ken

Haha! Apparently I offended someone...just was wondering if it was possible.

Apparently those who can, teach; while those who can't, preach.

We've got ourselves a preacher....:eek:

MJ: Why not ask once you're on board? Given your predicament, you might find them very accommodating.

Hahahaha! Thanks, I was planning on doing that.

P.F. Chang? To Go orders? I'm a little perplexed. With a $25 cover charge, Silk Harvest isn't likely to be able to do this, but, hey, if you're willing to pay all that money but not eat there an experience the whole presentation, go ahead and ask.

It was more of an idea of "how can we eat at several specialty restaurants" with out ticking off the grandparents. lol. I was told the specialty restaurants were only open for dinner (except for Bistro 5). I was wondering if anyone had ever done something like that.

I could be wrong, but I think there are special occasion type meals you can do on your balcony for a fee...maybe not from the specialty restaurant, but nicer than just the regular room service...maybe look under the special occasion section of the X website.:)

Maybe you are confusing Celebrity with another line as I don't think they have a "tepanaki" restaurant?

I think Silk Harvest is more relaxed in their age rules than the other specialty restaurants. We ate at SH and didn't find the food any better than a PF Changs. Service was extremely slow so I wouldn't recommend taking a 2 yo, even if it is allowed. The main value imo is the amount of food you can eat for the $25 pp tab. DH enjoyed a lot of sushi. I, on the other hand, was still full from our lunch in Cozumel and didn't get my "money's worth". You could always get stir fry from the buffet, which I think may be available in the evening (no personal knowledge of this though) and they do have sushi earlier in the evening in the buffet area.

Good luck with your dining decisions.

I wouldn't dream of taking her to a SR. That's why I had the question about ordering from there. I was most interested in the sushi. :D

I wouldn't dream of taking her to a SR. That's why I had the question about ordering from there. I was most interested in the sushi. :D

Jessy:

Heres the quote from Celebritys web site, you are welcome to take you child to Silk Harvest or Tuscan Grill.

Are there age restrictions for Specialty Dining?

Subject: Specialty Dining

Yes. Guests dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest Restaurant and Tuscan Grille (onboard our Solstice-class ships) where children of any age will be accommodated. Also, children of any age that are booked in AquaClass staterooms are welcome to dine in Blu with an adult.

Additionally, onboard our Solstice-class ships, children that are booked in suites that are at least 12 years old will be accommodated in Blu when dining with an adult, based on availability only. Please note that any suite guests that dine in Blu will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest.

In my cruising experiences I have learned to say "never say never"

You really never know, and it never hurts to ask.

Not sure why some take offence to ordering out from a fine dinning estalishment. At home, many top restaurants would be glad to pack up some food for home, its really no biggie.

I would say, ask your butler if your in a suite, or ask G/R and see what they say, again, never hurts to ask. Or go ask the M'd for SH and see what they say.

I have always found that in-most- situations, cruiselines are more than willing to accomodate even the most tedious requests.

On our Celebrity TA this spring, we were dining in the Tuscan Grill, when my wife started to feel sick. We had just started our wine and appetizers when we had to leave and go back to the cabin.Our server offered to pack up the entire meal (including the wine) and have it delivered to our cabin. The meal was still warm when it got to our cabin.

So, they will do it.It can't hurt to ask.

Jessy:

Heres the quote from Celebritys web site, you are welcome to take you child to Silk Harvest or Tuscan Grill.

Are there age restrictions for Specialty Dining?

Subject: Specialty Dining

Yes. Guests dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest Restaurant and Tuscan Grille (onboard our Solstice-class ships) where children of any age will be accommodated. Also, children of any age that are booked in AquaClass staterooms are welcome to dine in Blu with an adult.

Additionally, onboard our Solstice-class ships, children that are booked in suites that are at least 12 years old will be accommodated in Blu when dining with an adult, based on availability only. Please note that any suite guests that dine in Blu will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest.

Wow. I had no idea that was celebrity's policy. Perhaps this should be posted in a sticky for all those anti-kids in adult places to see. Or maybe parents that want to take their child to the mentioned SR can print that off their site and carry it with them in case the cruise Gestapo send complaints and death glares their way. Hahahaha. :rolleyes:

On another note, we take our daughter out to eat with us here in Charlotte several times a week. Sometimes it's upscale, sometimes it's the dreaded Olive Garden. :eek: Usually, on land, most folks can't resist her little charming self and we have plenty of strangers stop by to talk to her and compliment her behavior.

With that said, I probably won't take her to a SR. We were hoping to make Tuscan more of a date night. I guess Silk will have to wait. Its too bad they aren't open for lunch. Some other lines have their SR open for Lunch. Grumble grumble. Lol.

In my cruising experiences I have learned to say "never say never"

You really never know, and it never hurts to ask.

Not sure why some take offence to ordering out from a fine dinning estalishment. At home, many top restaurants would be glad to pack up some food for home, its really no biggie.

Apparently ordering take out makes you the dregs of the sea. Only places such as Olive Garden would offer such a horrible concept as food in a box to go!!! Hahahahaha

I've eaten at a variety of upscale places and lots of times when I was working my boss would bring me food (in a to go box- oh the horror!) from his client meetings.

I've noticed on these boards that some folks just like to say things in order to get that little jab in to make themselves feel more important. It's cool though. Most folks like that just crack me up with their statements.

Seriously, how many folks have eaten at Olive Garden? It's not horrible and their bread is pretty darn good. Hahahahhaha.

Archived