Are they confiscating non-alcoholic bevs in checked luggage?

klmorg

I know what the new rules/FAQs say - you must carry on your reasonable amount (12 PP) of non-alcoholic beverages. (They also say no alcohol except wine is allowed too...LOL) Anyway.... anyone with recent experience have them in your checked luggage, and if so, were they confiscated? We used to bring an extra small duffle/suitcase and put our water, pop, cran juice, whatever in there and check the bag, then we had an extra suitcase to lug stuff home in. I don't think it ever amounted to more than 12 PP, and it worked out so well. Just curious how things are going with the carry-it-on-only rule. Thanks!

I know what the new rules/FAQs say - you must carry on your reasonable amount (12 PP) of non-alcoholic beverages. (They also say no alcohol except wine is allowed too...LOL) Anyway.... anyone with recent experience have them in your checked luggage, and if so, were they confiscated? We used to bring an extra small duffle/suitcase and put our water, pop, cran juice, whatever in there and check the bag, then we had an extra suitcase to lug stuff home in. I don't think it ever amounted to more than 12 PP, and it worked out so well. Just curious how things are going with the carry-it-on-only rule. Thanks!

DW had a 12-pack of Diet Mountain Dew in her checked bag in July on Fascination. No problem

when did they start having passagers not lock their suitcases. :confused:

Thanks so far everyone!

And to answer this, although not directly related to my question, you can lock your luggage or not. Your choice. We never do, but hopefully this won't turn into one of those "we lock ours & that's the only way to go" vs. we never lock ours and don't understand why you do" threads... LOL :D

I'm glad to hear that some of you have had no problems with it in your checked luggage.

Just off the Splendor (8/29) had 6 Becks NA beer in checked luggage. They did open it & left note that it was ok.

DH drinks NW Beer... guess I never even thought about bringing some along. He thought it wouldn't be allowed.

We had soda & water in a checked duffle bag in January, I didn't lock it so they could easily see what it was. I was thinking we would have to carry it on based on recent threads. Glad to hear some are still putting it in checked bags.

when did they start having passagers not lock their suitcases. :confused:

I always lock ours , they want me to come down and open it ,, I will .

But with my luggage being handled by porters as well as Carnival Employees , I will take my chances with Carnival , I do not trust the porters . JMO

Archived