Gala Buffet Pictures

navybaby1113

These are from Carnival Victory, August 2008. They stopped the gala buffet a few months later, I believe. And yes, we were guilty of taking pictures and not staying to eat.:o

2291323180094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

2070308510094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

2677962700094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

(The gold dome-like piece is spun sugar. I thought it looked like Cousin Itt from the Addams Family.)

2975523650094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

2867785650094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

Sooo beautiful. We are on our first cruise in less than two weeks and will truly miss the gala buffet. I am a caterer and my hubby a chef so we were looking forward to it. Does any of the lines still have the buffet?

JB

I do not know if NCL does it--but Royal, carnival, princess do not.

Its time consuming plus costly to do this once a week.

Our first several cruises all the food was eaten. The only thing I can think ( if they though out food) of, was the time they had it was so late. Most people had gone to bed by 12:30 am. I remember the last one was on the Liberty. We stayed up talking to our table mates until 3:00 am. We had a good time. Did not know it was that late.

I do not know if NCL does it--but Royal, carnival, princess do not.

Its time consuming plus costly to do this once a week.

NCL as of Nov 2008, had a chocolate buffet one evening during our 12 day cruise. Don't know if they still have it as they have made a lot of cutbacks in other areas.

Besides the chocolate mousse cake I ordered thru Formalities, I had the best tasting and biggest piece of cake at that buffet.

Besides this buffet, we also had the late night Lido Mexican buffet and the daytime chocolate buffet on the Fantasy in 08.

Too bad they can't just scale it back a bit and still present some of the food. I'm gonna miss it.

Archived