any current legend reviews?

smatsea

Good evening all- It has been awhile since I last wrote. I would like to read any current reviews on Seabourn Legend as my husband and I are sailing on it Dec. 3 2010. We have not sailed with Seabourn in the past and would like some current feedback from anyone if possible. Thank you and kind regards to all-smatsea.

There are some Legend reviews by passengers (sorry, guests!) in the Reviews section. Click on 'Reviews' at the top of this page and then select 'member reviews', then Seabourn and you can read reviews of all the ships by people who have sailed on them. The most recent is from June this year. None since then. Mine is published on there from our trip in March this year. You will love her and her staff and all the pampering!

I am rather shopworn and threadbare as well, so I probably won't notice. My first Seabourn cruise on the Pride ended with her headed for dry dock in Nassau. Disembarking in Ft Lauderdale, we met many carpet men from Liverpool ready to board and go to work. The pool had been drained and that is where the library books were stored for the duration. Do you think I can write 'Jane was here!' on the suite wall?

No matter, will take any of the triplets any week, any which way.

Hi Jane,

We will be on your sailing this October. Did they start removing the library books DURING your cruise before the dry dock?? I hope not... Was the pool drained during the cruise as well? I don't think I like the fact that we are the last cruise before dry dock. Please make me feel better!!:mad:

Thanks,

Jenny

• 3 weeks later...

Smatsea, we were just on the Legend (Sept. 4) and had a wonderful time. It is being dry docked but we did not notice anything that looked particularly tired or out of order. Our suite was comfortable, clean and always well stocked. We found the service to be exceptional. We did not have one meal that we did not like. Bar service was great as well. Our only complaints were that we could never get into Restaurant 2 but some others were able to eat there several times during the week. They should provide the menus at the beginning of the cruise allowing everybody an opportunity to book and then limit it to one visit per cruise if restaurant 2 is full. With that said we never starved or felt deprived it just would have been nice to have tried a different venue. Also, we wish they were smoke free but as they are not it would be great if they restricted the smoking at the Sky Bar to one particular area and prohibit smoking when the Sky Bar is used as the Sky Grill restaurant. Other than those items everything else was great. After 13 cruises on other lines we are now hooked on Seabourn!

Apropos the smoking round the Sky Bar - I think it is supposed to be on starboard side only, but have actually never asked. However, as the brochure says 'no smoking in any indoor or outdoor dining venues' presumably there should be no smoking when the Sky Bar on the small ships is used as the Sky Grill, either at lunchtime or for the occasional outdoor dinner? We have avoided the Sky Grill so far, assuming there would be people smoking there even when others were eating. Anyone know more?

Lincslady, they did not have smoking limited to one area at the Sky Bar. We asked if they allowed smoking at the Sky Grill and they said they did so we were hesitant to eat at the Grill. The one night we ate there we did see people smoking. Fortunately, none were near us otherwise we would have gone to the restaurant.

This sucks, to put it nicely. I would hate to forgo the experience of eating in a different venue because the smoke is bothersome. But, we aren't smokers and are particularly bothered by smelling it when eating:mad:. This will be our first Seabourn cruise (Oct 16- Legend) so I would be glad to report back on the smoking situation as regards to eating in the Sky Grill. Jen

With the Legend cruise starting on the 16th, there are no sea days, so I wonder if the Sky Bar Grill will be open for either lunch or dinner. We'll see. I enjoy it for lunch after Trivia, but I think Trivia will be at 1700.

Archived