Category 1A or Porthole on Ecstasy

txstephie

My brother and I have decided to take a cruise, his first and my third but my first on Carnival. We are looking at cabins E181 and U15. It looks like E181 has 'bunk beds'. I don't think we'd have a problem getting up and down the ladder (we're both in our 30's) but I'm concerned with hitting my head!

I'm concerned with the motion and noise in room U15. U15 is only $20.00 more per person.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these room types and if you were me which one would you choose?

Thank you so much

I personally would book the PT over a 1A smaller bunk bed cabin with one twin and one bunk bed, so you would still have plenty of floor space.

$20 to see out and two beds on the floor ... no brainer .. but that's my preference. We had E9 last time and R23 I think before, both now called PTs. They were 5As before, but now they call them something different.

I had E189 on the Estascy last year and felt a little rocking motion - nothing major however. I felt some vibration from the engines when docking but again nothing that should be too bad. The bottom bed moves from under the top bed so who ever is below will have no issues..however, the top bunk could be a problem. I am not sure what the clearance is from bunk to celiing.

The porthole room is definitely worth it. The configuration of the beds often makes the rooms seem much larger than a regular inside cabin. There will be a little noise from the engine and the anchor. The only time you'll likely even notice it is when you're getting into port. If the seas are very rocky, you might hear a loud bang of the anchor hitting the side of the ship, too. It's so worth it compared to a bunk room.

I personally would book the PT over a 1A smaller bunk bed cabin with one twin and one bunk bed, so you would still have plenty of floor space.

$20 to see out and two beds on the floor ... no brainer .. but that's my preference. We had E9 last time and R23 I think before, both now called PTs. They were 5As before, but now they call them something different.

Agreed! That little bit of natural light makes all the difference for me, though I'm now addicted to balconies. It's nice to wake up and be able to see the weather outside without having to turn on the TV (which I hate to do on vacation) before you head up on deck.

We had R20/Portholes on the Sensation once & the only noise issue (whith some vibration) was when docking -- from the bow thrusters.

I have never heard of anchor being loose enough to bang ship...maybe it can jiggle in it's hold though..and I know they can make a noise going down..was over one once or darn close. In Carnival that will be Riviera Forward.

I was on E 189 last E 1a toward aft on Paradise...quieter room..upstars bunk runs perpendicular so not totally over full body of lower bed person..E deck 1a's are slightly largerfloorspace than Upper and Riviera 1a's as per a poster who had a repeat cruise deal enough in that room to have them made it a double with special in with steward..barely clears door..would not do that if a twosome wanting separate beds in that cabin; it is nice to be on E deck and you are not under a galley there..sjn.

Straight shot but a walk out to lobby bar...

Either way you can't go wrong op..portholes would be fun!!

Archived