Casanova, Grand Hotel Central, or AC Diplomatic?

sk84fungirl

Hello!

I will be in Barcelona for a weekend prior to a 12-day cruise next April and have been ALL over the place about neighborhoods and hotels. While I know it is early, i have decided that I want to wrap this up and move on to the next thing. So, this is where I need your input. I have researched hotels and narrowed it down to 3. They are:

• Casaova by Rafael
  • Grand Hotel Central
  • AC Diplomatic

I've seen great reviews of AC Diplomatic in Barcelona Threads. Any input on the other two?

Thanks

If price is all the same to you then it seems it is a matter of location and service. I know from having friends stay at the AC Diplomatic, that their concierge is very helpful in getting restaurant reservations but I would expect most hotels to be able to do that for you. The location is on a street somewhat like 5th Ave in Manhattan with upscale stores.,good restaurants(both foodie and not)bars tapas places etc. There is good transportation and it is easy to get from the airport to it in many ways. It is closer to the Gaudi buildings.Sorry I don't know an Atlanta equivalent.

The Grand Hotel Central is in a very different sort of area.

It is on a main street but in the old part of the city so nearby are the winding streets of the old quarter and also lots of bars/restaurants but not necessarily the foodie ones. It is also closer to the Med/beach/etc.

The city though is very walkable and truly easy to get everywhere using either public transportation or taxis (which are plentiful,and not too expensive)

I'd pick one of those 2 but the choice is yours to make!

If price is all the same to you then it seems it is a matter of location and service. I know from having friends stay at the AC Diplomatic, that their concierge is very helpful in getting restaurant reservations but I would expect most hotels to be able to do that for you. The location is on a street somewhat like 5th Ave in Manhattan with upscale stores.,good restaurants(both foodie and not)bars tapas places etc. There is good transportation and it is easy to get from the airport to it in many ways. It is closer to the Gaudi buildings.Sorry I don't know an Atlanta equivalent.

The Grand Hotel Central is in a very different sort of area.

It is on a main street but in the old part of the city so nearby are the winding streets of the old quarter and also lots of bars/restaurants but not necessarily the foodie ones. It is also closer to the Med/beach/etc.

The city though is very walkable and truly easy to get everywhere using either public transportation or taxis (which are plentiful,and not too expensive)

I'd pick one of those 2 but the choice is yours to make!

Riff, thanks so much. AC Diplomatic seems to be very popular and likely is what I will book. I appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Archived