Cruisers leaving 9/5 to Carribean question

robinsnest64

We are leaving from Ft Lauderdale 9/5 for 1st Eastern Carribean cruise, a little nervous over weather. Someone posted there is a storm behind Earl but I have not been able to find anything on this. Need to know if anyone cruising out on the Emerald has heard any info. Thanks

Fiona is coming in behind Earl but she is a weak storm and is expected to make a sharp northern turn towards Bermuda by later today and not affect the Bahamas at all.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/084014.shtml?5-daynl#contents

There's also another storm forming about a 1000 miles west of the coast of Africa, but it's way too early to know anything about that one... Here's the main NOAA Hurricane page to keep track of all storms:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

Agree, we cruise frequently during hurricane season in the Caribbean and as long as we get on the ship everything else just works out. Luckily we drive to the ports here so it's a little easier to not have to worry about flights. We've had changes to itinerary and some ports cancelled over the years, but it's not the end of the world.

Wow, pretty sweet problem to have - regardless of the storms possibly wrecking some plans - that's all you have to do, just get on the ship, sit by the pool, drink a fruity umbrella drink and enjoy yourself :)

Hope your battening down the hatches Sunsetbeachgal, best of luck weathering the storms coming your way! Last think I heard waaaay up here on our local news that they were headed your way.

Hope your battening down the hatches Sunsetbeachgal, best of luck weathering the storms coming your way! Last think I heard waaaay up here on our local news that they were headed your way.

Some friends not too far from Outer Banks, NC area are already prepping for the storm, it's not looking like a direct hit on the mainland but even skirting the coast it's not looking promising right now either. Looks like it could even be at Hurricane strength as far north as Nova Scotia. Good luck to everyone in the potential path, living in Florida for quite a while now I can relate...

Not to worry about it is the biggest part. I will be on the same cruise ANd flying out of Laguardia on Sunday (first flight out) so as long as we get there its all good. :)

Teri

So glad to hear from someone actually cruising on this ship, safe travels to you! I know it will be fine, just a little concerned about what is brewing next. Oh well like one said here we will have a drink and sit by the pool, sure beats being at work!

Wow, pretty sweet problem to have - regardless of the storms possibly wrecking some plans - that's all you have to do, just get on the ship, sit by the pool, drink a fruity umbrella drink and enjoy yourself :)

I like the way you think! Thanks for bringing me back where I needed to be!!

Archived