Formal Night Every Night

borg1of2

I wouldn't be interested. In fact I would be happy if there was only 1 formal night on a 7 day cruise. Of course I have no problem if others choose to dress up for several nights

Yup, everyone has the option of having every night be formal night. The problem is that the people who like it want everyone else to participate in their little James Bond fantasy too.

I would try this type of cruise out.

The folks that have been doing their best to reduce formal standards to informal will not like my solution, but really all this talk of packing extra suits is pure bunk. A tuxedo is the answer. For the most part they are basic black and really most people can't tell one from the other. So the only reason you could not get away with a single tuxedo is cleanliness issues and even those would be minor for the short time each night you would be wearing it. Depending on the dress your other half is wearing and if you wanted to attempt matching, you might need a few cummerbunds or vests. But more formal is the answer to this not less formal.

As for sea days, on my last cruise we were only close to dinner once and that was because we had early seating. with either late seating or perhaps my time dining, this would no longer be an issue. Maybe that is the answer, make the late seating formal all week long and let folks choose that seating if they also want the formality.

How many threads are you going to post this same rude message on? I love RCI but not sure where you got the impression they are a superior cruisline - they are the most innovative where there ships are concerned but they are still a mass market line just like several others.

Very well stated.

Too many people have cruised on other cruiselines where they allow any old trash to be worn to dinner. They all heard the RCI was a superior cuiseline. Now they bring their low-life standards from the other cruiselines and try to shove them onto RCI. Well, guess what, now RCI has become a common, ordinary cruiseline, no different than the other inferior cruiselines. They may as well just all combine their ships into one fleet. RCI is slowly losing their individuality.
How many threads are you going to post this same rude message on? I love RCI but not sure where you got the impression they are a superior cruisline - they are the most innovative where there ships are concerned but they are still a mass market line just like several others.

Oh, I see you have noticed it, too! RCI used to have individuality. They were not like NCL and Carnival....Now they are.

2 formal dresses, one sparkly top, one skirt, 3 Capris, 4 casual tops, 2 shorts, 3 T-shirts, 2 swimsuits, 1 pr dress shoes, 1 pr sneakers, 1 pr sandals, socks, underwear and panty hose. This all fits into a checked bag (41 lbs) and a carry on (20 lbs) as well.

1 suit, 2 Dockers, 3 dress shirts, 2 ties, 4 polo shirts, 3 T-shirts, 2 shorts, 1 other long pants, 2 swim suits, 1 pr dress shoes, 1 pr sneakers, socks & underwear. It all fits in one checked bag (43 lbs) plus one carry on (18 lbs.).

Add a polo shirt, socks and underwear for each additional day, if cruise is longer.

This is for a 7 day cruise. No problems with airlines and easy to maneuver to and from airport.

Do not pack denim, since it is very heavy

I woulldn't mind, but airline luggage restrictions make it prohibitive. There's no way to carry that many formal clothes.

I wish I had a picture of all the luggage we used to take on our 14 night B2B cruises when we dressed formal every night. :eek:

If we tried taking that much now, it would be way too costly to fly. We were allowed 70 lbs a suitcase then and don't think I didn't make those weights. :D

Besides that, my husband and I can no longer handle all of them.

No more formal for us and I do not believe the way I still dress is making RCCL look tacky or trashy. :p

I would absolutely do it! DH and I love to get dressed up and love to see others dressed up. I think it wouldn't even add that much to packing - a seven night cruise, you could take three dresses, all with the same shoes, and wear the same dress twice (assuming it's not formal on the first night).

Archived