My name is Earl; What's Your favorite hurricane name?

Johnny Yen

Hurricanes sure do have some funny names... Which was your favorite hurricane name?

I think mine was Gloria...

Remember Gloria? She was on target to hammer New York City.

I don't have a favorite, but I like the fact that DW and I are both on the list of storms for the Northeastern Pacific every six years. In 2009 we both got to be hurricanes, Linda only made it to category 1 - never hit land, but Rick made it to 5 - by the time it made landfall, it was back down to a tropical depression.

I don't have a favorite, but I like the fact that DW and I are both on the list of storms for the Northeastern Pacific every six years. In 2009 we both got to be hurricanes, Linda only made it to category 1 - never hit land, but Rick made it to 5 - by the time it made landfall, it was back down to a tropical depression.

We thought she was named for my aunt! My sis mage a big collage for her with all the "disaster" headlines! Now, another relative's hurricane fizzled before it could do any damage!:D

Georges, because my daughter was born in the middle of it. Not in the intended hospital because we could not get there (had to go by ambulance to the closest alternate), and not with any doctor I was familiar with, she came into the world without power in the middle of the night and with a damaged and leaking hospital roof. :eek: My neighbor said I should have named her "wendy gail" (windy gale). :D

Hurricane Dentist. When Hurricane Dennis made an appearance several years ago I swear the the first time I heard it the news person said "Dentist". I thought, why would they name a hurricane after someone who causes pain and anxiety and costs a lot of money? Come to think of it, it might actually be an appropriate name.

Seriously, my name is Fiona. I hope she does no damage although it has been reported she has been downgraded to a tropical storm. fingers crossed!

A ex-coworker of mine named his daughter Katrina only weeks after that storm wrecked New Orleans. I was like, what the heeeelllll? But everybody else thought it was just swell.

Fiona on the other hand is a lovely name, and I hope she's much nicer.

Asking what's your favorite hurricane name is like asking what's your favorite way of getting smacked in the head.

Neither are very pleasant experiences.

Hope you never have to be in one. SIL lost house in Katrina.

Agreed...if youve ever been through one, you know they all suck.

Asking what's your favorite hurricane name is like asking what's your favorite way of getting smacked in the head.

Neither are very pleasant experiences.

Hope you never have to be in one. SIL lost house in Katrina.

Agreed...if youve ever been through one, you know they all suck.

Pretty serious responses to a lighthearted post. The OP was just having fun. :) There are some pretty funny hurricane names out there, and interesting stories.

And yes, I've been through them... a close friend had 4 feet of sewage water in her house, another lost the back half (and subsequently the entirety) of her house, and we were lucky with only $30,000 worth of damage and having to live in only half of our house for a year.

Still can have fun with the names though! :)

Archived