Mass times

jotabecu

Catholic Church

East Independance Square, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

Tel: 869 465 0854

This is a striking old church that is worth visiting regardless of your religious preference. The architecture is Gothic and the interior has a beautiful display of the Stations of the Cross as well as some fine sculptures of the Virgin Mary and Jesus. The church is open most of the day and into the early evening. All are welcome to attend daily Mass, held at 7a, and Sunday Mass is at 9a and 11a.

Copyright © 1999-2010 wcities.com All rights Reserved. Contact Wcities

Catholic Church

East Independance Square, Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

Tel: 869 465 0854

This is a striking old church that is worth visiting regardless of your religious preference. The architecture is Gothic and the interior has a beautiful display of the Stations of the Cross as well as some fine sculptures of the Virgin Mary and Jesus. The church is open most of the day and into the early evening. All are welcome to attend daily Mass, held at 7a, and Sunday Mass is at 9a and 11a.

Copyright © 1999-2010 wcities.com All rights Reserved. Contact Wcities

Thanks fo rthe information.

This is a striking old church that is worth visiting regardless of your religious preference.

The architecture is Gothic and the interior has a beautiful display of the Stations of the Cross

as well as some fine sculptures of the Virgin Mary and Jesus.

2abf138d.jpg

8ad2407e.jpg

48c44cb4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be there on Sunday 11/14/10. Our ship, the Emerald Princess, doesn't get in until 10am that morning. Do you think I can make to the 11am Mass?

I'm confused. The previous poster stated Sun. Mass at 9am and 11am, but the website only mentions a Sunday evening Mass. Hoping the 11am Mass schedule is correct.

We will be there on Sunday 11/14/10. Our ship, the Emerald Princess, doesn't get in until 10am that morning. Do you think I can make to the 11am Mass?

I'm confused. The previous poster stated Sun. Mass at 9am and 11am, but the website only mentions a Sunday evening Mass. Hoping the 11am Mass schedule is correct.

We are on the same ship.

The website only lists saturday and sunday evening masses and I have not found any e mail address for the church, if I find otherwise I will post it here.

We are on the same ship.

The website only lists saturday and sunday evening masses and I have not found any e mail address for the church, if I find otherwise I will post it here.

I emailed the question of Sunday Mass times yesterday to the "Contact Us" link below.

http://www.cocathedralstkitts.co.cc/

If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Have you signed on to our roll call? Here's the link, just in case:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1058745

We are on the same ship.

There is a phone number listed, but I don't have international dialing. Really hoping they email me back. I alos asked if they thought we could make an 11am Mass if our ship got in at 10am.

From what I understand it is within walking distance from the port. Across the town square. I don't know really how far that is.

How many are in your party? Maybe we could share a taxi there?

You can easily walk from Port Zante to Independance Square where the Catholic Church is located. About 5 minute walk.

The website posted mass at 8:30 AM. Our taxi driver said there is only one priest on the island so he does mass at the other Catholic churches. It lists a mass at 11:30AM in another village.

http://www.cocathedralstkitts.co.cc/

Did your taxi driver take you to the other village church for Mass? Is it far?

The Co-Cathedral site mentions a 15 minute drive, but didn't know if that was "as the crow flies" or if it was realistic.

There is a phone number listed, but I don't have international dialing. Really hoping they email me back. I alos asked if they thought we could make an 11am Mass if our ship got in at 10am.

From what I understand it is within walking distance from the port. Across the town square. I don't know really how far that is.

How many are in your party? Maybe we could share a taxi there?

Of course we will be happy to share a taxi, we are two, you can e mail me at jotabecu@yahoo.com, place EMERALD in the subject line and I will e mail contact details

Apparently the other church is about a 15 minute taxi ride, I will inquire as soon as we can disembark in St Kitts, even though we may be late I will give it a try.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147375-i1408-k3906110-o5-Catholic_church_in_Basseterre-Basseterre_St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html#29081023

• 1 month later...

For anybody who might find it useful.

There is a church in a town called Molineux in the east of the island, about a 20-25 minute ride fr5om the port, Sunday mass is at 10:30 am

Should be like a US$10 fare p/p but the taxi should wait since there is no transportation back, we used the taxi going to church and then taking like a 2 1/2 hour tour of the island and total was like US$30 per person.

Archived