pictures from pre-cruise Denali and Alaskan cruise

dsstasz

This was our first cruise, first experience with Regent. Enjoyed the trip.

Arrived in Anchorage on 8/14/10 and started Denali adventure the next day. Thoroughly enjoyed the bus trip into Denali. Saw a lot of wildlife but the sight of Denali (Mt. McKinley) was the highlight of the trip!!!! It was breathtaking. Enjoyed meeting people before the cruise. The weather cooperated.

Alyeska Resort was very nice. Enjoyed the tram up the mountain. Don't recommend dinner at Seven Glaciers. Service very slow and the food wasn't worth the money spent.

Was very excited to board the ship. Boarding went well. Loved the size of our room--6th floor-no balcony. Our housekeeper Geselle was excellent. Staff was very friendly, food was good. Enjoyed Prime 7. The slow roasted prime rib was excellent. We were well taken care of. Steaks in CR were a bit hit or miss. Not seasoned and sometimes a bit tough. Enjoyed Daniella the sommeliar. Attended the blind wine tasting and learned quite a bit. We felt pampered the whole trip.

The weather was pretty good except for Ketchikan. Best excursion for us was the helicopter/dog sled camp in Juneau. The Tracy Arm excursion was cancelled due to problems with the boat that was our transportation to Tracy Arm :( . Looked forward to that one.

If you would like to look at my pics, here is the link for photobucket. There are quite a few. Not a professional photographer but I'm happy with them.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f290/suestasz/ALASKA%202010--DENALI%20AND%20CRUISE%20INSIDE%20PASSAGE/

Excursions:

Sitka--Sea Otter and Wildlife

Juneau--helicopter/dog sled camp/land on glacier

Skagway--White Pass Railroad/suspension bridge

Ketcikan--Misty Fjords by catamaran

Sue

Sue, thank you so much for sharing this with us! We are taking the same trip in August 2011 and you have given us even more reasons to be excited! Not only did I enjoy the scenery in your photos...but I'm looking at the outfits everyone was wearing. Guess I need to plan on a light jacket almost every day. Thanks again for taking time to post your excellent photos!

Sue, Thanks for sharing your photos with us. They brought back wonderful memories of my past Alaskan cruises. I especially enjoyed your Juneau flightsee photos. Those were amazing. Where to next?

Mushroom, you may want to pack a warmer coat due to cold temperatures at Hubbard Glacier and if you take any boat type excursions. They can get cold. You'll also need to pack gloves, a scarf and a winter hat.

Hi Sue,

John and I were on both the Denali and Inland Passage Way cruise with you. Your pictures are amazing! My camera took some great photos but not as detailed as yours. You really have a photographic eye. One of your photos at the Happy Trails Kennel shows John and I standing behind his sled. It was fun to see.

Is there any way you could share your photos with me? I always make a shutterfly photobook of trips we take and I'd love to have some of your photos. If you wouldn't mind, my email address is Baysurf at AOL.com. Thanks so much!

Donna

Archived