Once you go aft-wrap, you'll never go back!

Linsuesue

We just booked our 2nd one for October 2011 on the Pride to Bermuda and our TA got it for us for $969.00 per person. To DH and I, this type of cabin is so worth the cost. We had one earlier this year Cabin 4228 and the upcoming cruise we will have 4237 (opposite side). DH and I are glad we are on Deck 4 again...more cover from the sun and people can't look down at all on our balcony. Plus there is enough sun to get tanned if you want to.

Gee . . . That is a really good deal. Looks like it only about 50 bucks or so more than the Balcony rate! Congratulations.

Hello all. Just booked on the Splendor for November 2011, my partner and I are doing a family trip, taking our grown and almost grown children. Three cabins, all aft. Of course we took the wraparound cabin 7447 for ourselves. I saw pictures of the balcony and it appeared very narrow. Anyone have any actual pics, stories to share. :D

We, just the two of us, are sailing on the Oosterdam in two months, wooo hooo, another aft. Their balconies seemed not only longer but wider as well. I am just hooked on aft cabins. Took a suite on NCL 3 years ago, and haven't done anything else since.:D

We just booked our 2nd one for October 2011 on the Pride to Bermuda and our TA got it for us for $969.00 per person.

Great price!! Back when they were available, they were $1269 pp (Early saver) on Spirit's 8-night cruise to Mexico in November.

Great price!! Back when they were available, they were $1269 pp (Early saver) on Spirit's 8-night cruise to Mexico in November.

WOW...maybe because we got in on time to book with a TA and that the cruise is so far out...but I keep an eye out on the carnival web page and am amazed how much the price has gone up for our catagory...glad I booked when I did, but it seems so far away.

When we were younger, we never did balconies. Now that we are older, we enjoy just being together and enjoying quite time privately on the balcony or in our cabn. We can also afford it now. We have done 19 cruises to all parts of the world and will continue to do so as it's the only way to travel and see the sites !!

Just back from Cruising the Pride out of Baltimore (29 AUG- 5 SEPT),had Aft Wrap VS 7347, what a great accomodation, if you can get one of these by all means do it. It has all those ammenities you wished for in a smaller room,along with plenty of space to enjoy all those relaxing moments you were looking forward to in your vacation week. DW surprised me with it for my B/DAY, walking through the door was awl inspiring....:eek:...:D...GO FOR IT.....

The 2 of us could go on 5 cruises for what you paid for an aft wrap and I'm never staying in my room...There is too much going on around the ship to stay in our room....Dennis

I would like to see some documentation on that..:cool: Unless your taking 2 -3 day cruises in the bowels of the ship..:eek:

That is why they give the choice of all the different cabins.. Some paxs just use there cabin for sleep and a shower, some use it to get away from the world!!:D I had my first aft wrap in May and have re-book a repeat because of the peace and quiet.. Plus the chance to spend some quiet time with the DW that we normally do not get at home..

Choices are great..

Bulldog

The 2 of us could go on 5 cruises for what you paid for an aft wrap and I'm never staying in my room...There is too much going on around the ship to stay in our room....Dennis

that is so true. I like keeping my cruises to under 100.pp per night.

Since Carnival reconfigured their cabin category I can no longer afford an aft cabin. But like you--- we are hardly ever in the cabin.

I would like to see some documentation on that..:cool: Unless your taking 2 -3 day cruises in the bowels of the ship..:eek:

That is why they give the choice of all the different cabins.. Some paxs just use there cabin for sleep and a shower, some use it to get away from the world!!:D I had my first aft wrap in May and have re-book a repeat because of the peace and quiet.. Plus the chance to spend some quiet time with the DW that we normally do not get at home..

Choices are great..

Bulldog

We were on the Dream on the 7th deck inside...$619 PP...our friends were across the hall in a mid-ship suite not an aft-wrap and the paid about $2500 pp.....so tell me what an aft-wrap goes for on the Dream..... Dennis

We just got back from the Spirit cruise to Alaska and were lucky enough to have cabin #4237-an aft-wrap. We loved the layout of the cabin and couldn't spend enough time on our balcony watching for whales! It was not always easy ever finding a window seat at the Lido buffet, so we frequently carried our lunch back to our own balcony. The weather was cool-cold and a bit windy at times, but the view was worth it. Every night at dinner we told our table mates about all of the whales and porpoises we had seen, and they were lucky to even get sight of 1. The cabin had 17 drawers, a huge shelf above the hangers in the closet, 3 big "bookcase" shelves in the closet, plenty of room under the bed for all 4 of our suitcases, room to plug in 2 things by the separate vanity area, 26 hangers in the closet, 2 big plush robes to wear, 2 cabinets in the bathroom, 6 small glass shelves in the bathroom, a really big vanity top area, 7 floor to cieling windows, and the power strip box hooked up to the tv in the bedroom area had space to plug in 4 extra items. There is a small corner cabinet as you enter the room, and we had Randy the room steward empty the mini-bar to that cabinet. The fridge kept our sodas nice and cold. Someone on these boards suggested keeping the cabinet door in front of the fridge open a bit to let the hot air circulate better, and I think that helped. The whirlpool tub was terrific and there was plenty of hot water. We loved the split cabin. Hubby could watch tv in the living area, and I could close all of the doors to just read in bed. The laundry room is across from the aft cabins so that is really convenient too. I'll go out of my way to book our next cruise on a ship that has a layout just like this one!

Isn't that cabin just the best? I have been in the same cabin before and have a cruise Oct 12th in the same cabin again. We just love it. If we ever do make the Alaska cruise we will have to try to get that cabin again. So glad you enjoyed it!!!

Bright eyes-congratulations on having an aft-wrap in your near future to look forward to! For us, Alaska was all about the scenery. I don't feel like we missed a thing to see there, because we spent so much time on that huge balcony. It allowed us to see everything on the starboard side of the ship as well as the expansive view off the back. The value was in the view for us. I believe the GS "Best suites" sold for $2,500pp just before our cruise sold out. I'd much rather have an aft-wrap with the split suite design.

We were on the Dream on the 7th deck inside...$619 PP...our friends were across the hall in a mid-ship suite not an aft-wrap and the paid about $2500 pp.....so tell me what an aft-wrap goes for on the Dream..... Dennis

The discussion was about a aft wrap on the spirit class, not on the Dream.. I paid about $1400 pp for a 8 day on the Miracle.. There is no way you are taking five cruises for that price,unless you have a inside connection..;)

Bulldog

The discussion was about a aft wrap on the spirit class, not on the Dream.. I paid about $1400 pp for a 8 day on the Miracle.. There is no way you are taking five cruises for that price,unless you have a inside connection..;)

Bulldog

We are cruising the Pride out of Baltimore - we have cabin 6232 which is one of the 3 most sought after balconies on the side. We are paying 649.pp

So for the price you paid for one week for one person-- i take two of us plus onboard credit.

My vacation budget is 2,000 for a week- the price of the wrap around would bust my budget.

Sure they are nice-- and they are great if you can afford it.. But for someone who likes taking vacations-- "nice" is not always in our budget.

the side cabins are just as nice/

We are cruising the Pride out of Baltimore - we have cabin 6232 which is one of the 3 most sought after balconies on the side. We are paying 649.pp

So for the price you paid for one week for one person-- i take two of us plus onboard credit.

My vacation budget is 2,000 for a week- the price of the wrap around would bust my budget.

Sure they are nice-- and they are great if you can afford it.. But for someone who likes taking vacations-- "nice" is not always in our budget.

the side cabins are just as nice/

Understand, but at this point in our lives we can only take the time for one a year.. So If I can afford the aft wrap, 4228 or 4237, then we will splurge..:p

There may come a time when we can take more than one a year, than we might look at other cheaper options..

Bulldog

Just got back from the Spirit and had cabin 4228 (our first Aft Wrap). It was incredible! We loved every minute of the time we spent on our balcony. We watched whales for hours! I don't think I would spend as much $$ for another itinerary but for Alaska you cannot go wrong! As a previous poster mentioned, the views from the public places are limited so the balcony was used each and every day. Thanks to Tom & Cheryl for the initial recommendation :)

Alaska084.jpg?t=1283981581

Serene56-I'm just curious-If your extended balcony room is $649 for a week, what is the price for the aft-wrap on your cruise? It is kind of comparing oranges to apples to compare different itineraries, but it is interesting to see what the price jump is from cabin to cabin. It looks like you have a great balcony at a great price!

Serene56-I'm just curious-If your extended balcony room is $649 for a week, what is the price for the aft-wrap on your cruise? It is kind of comparing oranges to apples to compare different itineraries, but it is interesting to see what the price jump is from cabin to cabin. It looks like you have a great balcony at a great price!

Good point.. Costs change on the seasons.. On my sailing VS is listed at $1459.00, 8J extented balcony is $899.00..

Bulldog

Just got back from the Spirit and had cabin 4228 (our first Aft Wrap). It was incredible! We loved every minute of the time we spent on our balcony. We watched whales for hours! I don't think I would spend as much $$ for another itinerary but for Alaska you cannot go wrong! As a previous poster mentioned, the views from the public places are limited so the balcony was used each and every day. Thanks to Tom & Cheryl for the initial recommendation :)

I hope you left it in good shape. We're in that cabin for the 15-day LA - Hawaiian cruise in December 2011 - sheesh, is that not forever away or what. :eek:

Have been fortunate to have had 2 aft-wraps on previous sailing and have been so spoiled that I now book my sailings whenever the cabin is available and arrange my vacation schedule to suit.

Good point.. Costs change on the seasons.. On my sailing VS is listed at $1459.00, 8J extented balcony is $899.00..

Bulldog

Per the Carnival website. that VS is $1659.00.......I booked an inside on deck 7 on the Spirit 12 day from Hawaii for $969.00.......Dennis

We too LOVE the aft wraps!

Although most aft-wrap cabins are truly awesome....remember that the Spirit Class ships are the only ones with the suite - multi-room layout and VIP embarkation.

even without a tub, mini-fridge & VIP boarding the one we enjoyed on the Destiny was still sweet:D

btw, for the longest time the aft wrap was more expensive than the base category OSs were;). Even got a phone call to upgrade, glad i declined. It sure will be hard to go back to even an extended aft balcony, let alone the inside cabin i have booked next summer on DCL (fancy, smancy real-time animated porthole or not lol)

even without a tub, mini-fridge & VIP boarding the one we enjoyed on the Destiny was still sweet:D

btw, for the longest time the aft wrap was more expensive than the base category OSs were;). Even got a phone call to upgrade, glad i declined. It sure will be hard to go back to even an extended aft balcony, let alone the inside cabin i have booked next summer on DCL (fancy, smancy real-time animated porthole or not lol)

ABSOLUTELY!!!

We have enjoyed the aft-wraps (the old 9A's) on several ships - they are fantastic and more certainly affordable than the suite wraps on the Spirit class ;)!!

Archived