Once you go aft-wrap, you'll never go back!

Linsuesue

I hope you left it in good shape. We're in that cabin for the 15-day LA - Hawaiian cruise in December 2011 - sheesh, is that not forever away or what. :eek: Don't worry we left it in great shape! The crew right now is so excited to be heading to Honolulu for a 3 day layover this year. They all talked about finally seeing the Sun. Don't worry the year will fly by!!

Have been fortunate to have had 2 aft-wraps on previous sailing and have been so spoiled that I now book my sailings whenever the cabin is available and arrange my vacation schedule to suit.

I can totally see now why one would do that. I am picky about my cabins also, and it would definitely be difficult to go back to a standard cabin after having the wrap. :eek:

This thread really is great....just caught up...if I won the lottery..i'd be plenty happy on a Spirit Aft Wrap properly planned for the most places Alaska, Pacific Coastal, Mexico, Hawaii...for the heck of it I'm going to price it..see if I could even take that whole trip consecutively as is my dream...have to keep the vision alive!!!

Serene56-I'm just curious-If your extended balcony room is $649 for a week, what is the price for the aft-wrap on your cruise? It is kind of comparing oranges to apples to compare different itineraries, but it is interesting to see what the price jump is from cabin to cabin. It looks like you have a great balcony at a great price!

We booked this cabin over a year ago so it was cheaper then now. A regular aft cabin was 400 total of the price for the one we booked.

Suites are 1599.pp it broke it down to 149 per night per person compared to 93.per per night per person is what I paid.

The aft suites on deck 5 are not true suite cabins but one big cabin. I think carnival should charge a cat 9 for those two cabins

I was wondering about those deck 5 aft-wraps. Just looking at them from the outside of the ship, you can see they don't have the same number of windows as the cabin below. I guess the extra charge is based on the size of the balcony-not the layout of the cabin. The Aft-wraps on decks 6, 7, & 8 are the split design, aren't they? I'd rather pay the extra $55pp per day to have that aft-wrap and skip an excursion or two to cover that cost. The fun excursion is over in a few hours, but we enjoyed the views from that balcony many many times every day.

We just got back from the Spirit cruise to Alaska and were lucky enough to have cabin #4237-an aft-wrap. We loved the layout of the cabin and couldn't spend enough time on our balcony watching for whales! It was not always easy ever finding a window seat at the Lido buffet, so we frequently carried our lunch back to our own balcony. The weather was cool-cold and a bit windy at times, but the view was worth it. Every night at dinner we told our table mates about all of the whales and porpoises we had seen, and they were lucky to even get sight of 1. The cabin had 17 drawers, a huge shelf above the hangers in the closet, 3 big "bookcase" shelves in the closet, plenty of room under the bed for all 4 of our suitcases, room to plug in 2 things by the separate vanity area, 26 hangers in the closet, 2 big plush robes to wear, 2 cabinets in the bathroom, 6 small glass shelves in the bathroom, a really big vanity top area, 7 floor to cieling windows, and the power strip box hooked up to the tv in the bedroom area had space to plug in 4 extra items. There is a small corner cabinet as you enter the room, and we had Randy the room steward empty the mini-bar to that cabinet. The fridge kept our sodas nice and cold. Someone on these boards suggested keeping the cabinet door in front of the fridge open a bit to let the hot air circulate better, and I think that helped. The whirlpool tub was terrific and there was plenty of hot water. We loved the split cabin. Hubby could watch tv in the living area, and I could close all of the doors to just read in bed. The laundry room is across from the aft cabins so that is really convenient too. I'll go out of my way to book our next cruise on a ship that has a layout just like this one!

You must have been the ones in this cabin right before us. We just got off on Tuesday! How funny!:)

I agree, Randy was awsome! He did a great job through out the week!

We really enjoyed the balcony and spent alot of time out there!

I didn't find any 100.00 bills either! I guess I should have looked a bit harder!;):)

I was wondering about those deck 5 aft-wraps. Just looking at them from the outside of the ship, you can see they don't have the same number of windows as the cabin below. I guess the extra charge is based on the size of the balcony-not the layout of the cabin. The Aft-wraps on decks 6, 7, & 8 are the split design, aren't they? I'd rather pay the extra $55pp per day to have that aft-wrap and skip an excursion or two to cover that cost. The fun excursion is over in a few hours, but we enjoyed the views from that balcony many many times every day.

all the rest of the suites on the aft only are the split rooms. and ONLY on the Spirit class ships

Deck 5 and the suites on the side are just one bigger cabin

I'd rather pay the extra $55pp per day to have that aft-wrap and skip an excursion or two to cover that cost. The fun excursion is over in a few hours, but we enjoyed the views from that balcony many many times every day.

Definitely.. We are more into sea days and being on ship.. Really relaxing for us to camp out on that veranda and listen to the wake with a good coctail.. :)

Bulldog

Luv2cruise-we tried to leave the room just like we found it-perfect! Glad you enjoyed it and had great service from Randy. Serene-thanks for the info on the aft suites. It makes me wonder what is configured differently on deck 5 to change the room shapes. Even though you feel vibration on deck 4, I didn't mind it a bit. It was very handy to have the laundry room down by us too. Walking clear to the back of the ship burned off calories, and hearing the wake was very relaxing.

Archived