Meds/vit. What do u pack them in?

rpinphx1

Some people use the 7-Day pill cases, but I have always kept my meds in their original bottles. Since you are supposed to carry all medication in your carry on in case luggage is lost, if a thorough TSA inspector wants to give someone a hard time about a baggie of unlabelled pills, s/he certainly could. I'm not going to risk it.

I think it really depends on the med.

We have always packed vitamins in a travel jar and include the two script meds my husband takes. The carded OTC meds (sinus pills, cold meds, stomach remedy) we take just a few ripped off the larger part of the card, it still shows it is an OTC. We always take a travel sized bottle Advil, the bottle contains both regular and Advil pm.

Our entire first aid kit, including the above with a few bandaids thrown in is the size of a very small cosmetic case, I think it is 4 X 6.

If you have controlled substances or meds that require needles or something you take that not having it can be life threatening, you need to take them in original bottles, or at the very least have the pharmacist list your labels on a sheet for you. It's not the bottle itself that is crucial, if you have a medical emergency, personnel need to know what meds you take, your dosage and when you last took them.

i have a bag (appox 8x4x3) that all of my husbands meds fit into (10 plus bottles) because some are control drugs i keep everything in their original bottles and put them in my carry on. once on board the bag is small enough to fit in the safe.

we put the daily vitamins in a 7 day organizer- thatand all the over the counter stuff (tylonel, advil etc) go in the cked bags- figure we can replace those. but the other meds never leave my sight.

• 1 month later...
i use to bring just my bottles with all my meds but decided this next cruise i was trying something different...so i just sent away for this at magellans~Day & Night Pill Organizer

I have that one and it works great for a 7-day trip or even a 14-day by doubling up. I'm just going to use my original containers for my next trip of 30 days.

I have that one and it works great for a 7-day trip or even a 14-day by doubling up. I'm just going to use my original containers for my next trip of 30 days.

I have never taken my meds in their original bottles. I keep them in either a 7 0r 14 day pillbox. I also carry insulin and syringes and a note from the doctor stating that I am insulin dependent although no one has ever asked to see the note. I carry those in a cold pack. When going through security on a plane I take the coldpack out of my carryon and put it in the basket. The pills I just leave in my carryon as it is liquids that must be measured and kept in the quart size baggie. I have never been questioned about any of this.

I got a package of small ziploc pill pouches at Walgreens in the medical supplies aisle. They have a place to write am or pm and the day. I will sort my pills into bowls for each day and then empty each bowl into a pouch. I take so many pills and supplements that they don't fit into the plastic pill sorters.

I got a package of small ziploc pill pouches at Walgreens in the medical supplies aisle. They have a place to write am or pm and the day. I will sort my pills into bowls for each day and then empty each bowl into a pouch. I take so many pills and supplements that they don't fit into the plastic pill sorters.

good way to take pills.

I just bought a cute little pill box at TJMAXX black sparkly with the words

Happy Pills on it, lol, Not sure what they would think if they ever saw it.

I do carry my husbands pills in their original bottle since its a narcotic but I dont take the whole supply , just what I think he wil need.

I keep up with the timing..so noo prob there..but this summers 20 days cruzin and 5days extra..being MIL /RX peep, posed a situation..so this is what an OP said..he did. we have about a 10day window that we can fill early..so figger up the expire time, and since I get 90 days supply, have to plan way ahead. I can refill some days ahead early 2x..and that gives a jump, on the timing for the Dr. visit and refilling, and not run out whilst cruzin. hope this makes perfect sense.

i received it and it looks like it is gonna work out...i was pleased, all except the funky 'smell' from the plastic:p

I found a neat idea in a magazine that we tried last cruise. We take 6-7 vitamins per day so you get a bunch of those tiny ziplock baggies that extra buttons come in (when you buy a new shirt, save the baggie) and put the vitamins for each day into it's own ziplock bag...then just throw them away as you use them. Put the whole thing into a quart size baggie and put in checked luggage...worked great!

Archived