what to do for a family reunion cruise? spring/summer 2011. out of Florida.

OnTheBrink

My in laws have asked me to look into a family cruise for all of us. We'd either need mid-March (Spring Break) or July-August 2011. There would be 10 or so adults and 10 or so kids (ages toddler - 15). Any of the Florida ports would work for us. I'm thinking 5 days?

Thanks in advance!

Find the ship and the date, and then give that info to all who will be participating...let THEM book their own arrangements! Or, get a travel agent to handle everyone's bookings...do not take care of it on your own.

Just go to each cruiseline's website, and see what's avail. for the dates you want!

I am thinking your big questions are how many people per cabin? Do you want all balconies that connect? Do you want to put some of the kids in an inside cabin across from their parents? Is any family more than 4 so need a family cabin (in short supply)? Answering those questions will point you to a particular ship/cruise line. Does anyone else in the family have cruise experience so they can help you explain and sort out the housing type needs? An ally will be great to have in meeting the needs of everyone.

Also, do the kids all live in the same school district? If not, Spring break may not be the same. I'm assuming the in laws are paying. If so, then you will just need to figure out cabin types, flights, etc. A good TA is your best bet. If everyone is paying individually you would want everyone to go through the TA for payment so you don't have to worry about it.

You need to give us a bit more info to give better advise.

My in laws have asked me to look into a family cruise for all of us. We'd either need mid-March (Spring Break) or July-August 2011. There would be 10 or so adults and 10 or so kids (ages toddler - 15). Any of the Florida ports would work for us. I'm thinking 5 days?

Thanks in advance!

I would consider spring break or as early in the summer as possible. As you can see by this year's weather, once mid-August rolls around, you have a fair shot of being messed with due to a hurricane.

I am a Carnival girl, so I would look first at something like the Inspiration out of Tampa. Easy port to leave from and she hits 2 fun ports: Grand Caymen and Cozumel. She also has the waterworks upgrade which would be fun for the kids.

Archived