Veendam Thermal Spa???

dotsofunn

I am having a very hard time trying to find detailed information about the Thermal Spa on the Veendam. (I found lots of info on the other HL ship but not Veendam)

How large is hydo pool or is it more of a jacuzzi?

How many hot stone loungers?

Special Showers???

What else?

Is there a outside deck off of the spa area to sit and relax?

Is it worth the $100 or so? We will be on Oct. sailing to Bermuda and will be off the ship most of the day.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I can only help a TAD.

The thermal pool on the Veendam is nothing more than a whirl pool -- just like the ones you see by the regular pool.

I think I saw 4 or 5 stone loungers.

There are showers in that area -- have no idea how many.

I don't do the spa thing on a ship.

I saw this thread earlier today and truely had hoped that someone who had been on the S class ships would fill in all the information.

We love the spa. The pool is jacuzzi size and fits maybe 4 people. The tile loungers are heated and there are aromatic showers, steam rooms etc. There is peaceful music playing in the background.

It's a great place to go before dinner ang get really relaxed. There is a Small observation deck but you can't sit out there. Too small and there's no chairs.

Sometimes they'll be nobody in there but you .

I checked it out and found it paled in comparison to the Thermal Suites that I am used to. The pool was very small and there were only 4-5 ceramic chairs.

I fear that I have been spoiled by the Hydrotherapy Pool that the NCL Gem has. It was huge, powerful, empty most days and very therapeutic.

...there were only 4-5 ceramic chairs.

True, the pool on the Vista/Signature ships is bigger, and nicer, but how many chairs do you need? The S-class ships are small, and don't carry so many passengers. Four-five ceramic loungers is plenty for the number of people who will be using them.

Archived