Souvenir cup Savings?

They won't use your cup...sanitary issues....you don't need to order the "drink of the day" in a souvenier cup....leave your cup at home, and just get whatever drink "special" there is in a regular glass...TELL them you don't want the "souvenier cup"! It is a bit cheaper if it's in a regular glass.

Will I be allowed to bring my Carnival souvenir cup from my last cruise to refill my drinks for a discounted price?

Is the drink of the day even cheaper if I use my souvenir cup?

No, why would you think the drink would be cheaper if you provided your own cup?

As stated, they won't reuse it anyway.

Will I be allowed to bring my Carnival souvenir cup from my last cruise to refill my drinks for a discounted price?

Is the drink of the day even cheaper if I use my souvenir cup?

Guess you are thinking amusement parks where they give you a discount for refills if you buy their souvenir cups. Don’t think any cruise lines have that type of deal.

Wow thats really confusing!! I've read some other threads that have said refills are cheaper than buying a new souvenir cup each time.....I wonder if thats just old policy? ??

The sanitary thing totally makes sense.....maybe I just misunderstood TOTALLY.

Thanks everyone, saves me some room in my suitcase!

I always bring my souvenir cup with me and they charge me the discounted refill price. They do take your cup but they bring you a new one. I guess it all depends on what cruise line you're sailing on.

And the confusion continues!! LOL Looks like you've been on all Carnival cruises, one being the Sensation that we're sailing on in December, so good possibility that they'll allow this?? I'll continue to keep an eye out for further confirmation from recent cruisers before I decide to throw my cup back in the suitcase :D

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
And the confusion continues!! LOL Looks like you've been on all Carnival cruises, one being the Sensation that we're sailing on in December, so good possibility that they'll allow this?? I'll continue to keep an eye out for further confirmation from recent cruisers before I decide to throw my cup back in the suitcase :D

Thanks!

Ok, I have sailed with Carnival twice before and here's the situation.... If you have the cup WITH you and you order the drink of the day they will take your old cup, give you a new one (with the drink of course) and you get $1 off the regular price. But as someone said before, you can order the drink of the day on a regular glass for much cheaper.

This is a carnival thing... It is my understanding from reading carnival forum that having your souvenir cup "refilled" makes it the same price as if you ordered it in a regular glass (you only pay for the souvenir cup once). And I've heard that the souvenir cup is bigger, and I have heard of people bringing their glass from other cruises - they wont know.

This is a carnival thing... It is my understanding from reading carnival forum that having your souvenir cup "refilled" makes it the same price as if you ordered it in a regular glass (you only pay for the souvenir cup once). And I've heard that the souvenir cup is bigger, and I have heard of people bringing their glass from other cruises - they wont know.

yes the cup is big... it's kind of like a hurricane glass. It is 16 oz. I just filled one I have and poured it into a measuring glass..Haha

Archived