Beverage Package now Down on WEb

emergencymedic

Celebrity now has their beverage package area off line. It seems like their web site is falling apart! They have no excursions available online and now no Beverage Package choices!:confused:

It may be unique to your sailing, or you may have a web browser issue. I just logged in to my Nov Solstice booking and Beverage Packages are still being offered.

Celebrity now has their beverage package area off line. It seems like their web site is falling apart! They have no excursions available online and now no Beverage Package choices!:confused:

Hi there, no apparently its to do with TAXES and a wrangle Celebrity are having with Spain(according to the mixed messages people have reported from Celebrity...Celebrity have not responded to my questions ...I sail on Sat!!!)

Apparently (and kinda would be nice to hear this from Celebrity) they are refusing to offer online drinks & spa packages for Barcelona to Barcelona cruises..something to do with avoiding complications from a tax charge by Spanish Gov. But this is just picked up from other people's threads.

Would have been better if they had made us aware of that from Day1 (since they've known of the tax rule all year). and ideally sometime before getting on the boat. For me the online booking was something I bought into and was a reason I booked with Celeb (amongst others).

Very disappointed at the issue.. but most of all the lack of communication from Celeb to their paying customers. A short email to all affected passengers would be minimum I would expect.

Hi there, no apparently its to do with TAXES and a wrangle Celebrity are having with Spain(according to the mixed messages people have reported from Celebrity...Celebrity have not responded to my questions ...I sail on Sat!!!)

Apparently (and kinda would be nice to hear this from Celebrity) they are refusing to offer online drinks & spa packages for Barcelona to Barcelona cruises..something to do with avoiding complications from a tax charge by Spanish Gov. But this is just picked up from other people's threads.

Would have been better if they had made us aware of that from Day1 (since they've known of the tax rule all year). and ideally sometime before getting on the boat. For me the online booking was something I bought into and was a reason I booked with Celeb (amongst others).

Very disappointed at the issue.. but most of all the lack of communication from Celeb to their paying customers. A short email to all affected passengers would be minimum I would expect.

All of what you say may be true about Barcelona, but I believe the OP is talking about an eastbound Panama Canal cruise, if their recent posts are any indicator.

For my 10/10/10 Solstice Western Caribbean cruise the packages were not available, then they were available, not, were, not, were. I'd call the number listed and they'd say, "well they should be available so keep on checking." Same thing w/ excursions, specialty dining and spa packages. So if you think you want to pre-purchase something, keep checking and then jump on it. I just gave up and decided to do everything on board.

Also on our sailing, someone signed up for specialty dining and then POOF their reservation evaporated. I'm so glad the onboard Celebrity experience so outshines their website experience.

PS: Princess isn't a lot better.

Not sure when your cruise is but we have one in Nov & another in Mar & both beverage package's are available on Celebrity's website.

Archived