Westin Diplomat - Hollywood, FL

Addictedtocruising

Hi, it is this resort doable without renting a car after a cruise?

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the port and then to the airport when we check out?

Are there any stores within walking distance to pick up beer and what about restaurants other than the hotel?

Can we walk or take a bus to the boardwalk?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Donna

This is a lovely resort with an amazing pool.

There are restaurants in the area, and a boardwalk on the beach, with cafes and little stores.

There's Tony's Pizza Chef right next to the resort. There's a Padrinos, a very decent place for Cuban food about 1/3 of a mile.

Keep walking and you'll see other places.

There's a 7-11 about 1/4 of a mile from the resort, for beer, etc. A Winn-Dixie and a Publix are just under a mile away. There's also a little liquor store about 1/3 of a mile away.

This is one of the best places to stay after your cruise, the trolley bus stops right outside and takes you all the way up

to Las Olas .

The walk along the beach to the boardwalk takes about 30/40 mins at a nice leisurely stroll.

The courtesy bus takes you to the Golf resort and if you ask nicely will drop you off at an excellent Italian (Next to Padrinos) I think.

If you are staying here join the Starwood Preferred Guest scheme before you

stay.

A taxi to the Port/Airport is less than $25

Crowne Plaza, Hollywood Beach is just down the road from the Westin.

You will have a lovely view of the Westin. ;)

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 nights a couple of Junes ago. Our room was nice, the pool area is very nice and the beach is just across the road.

We did drool over the Westin and said we wanted to stay there next time. :o

Hi, it is this resort doable without renting a car after a cruise?

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the port and then to the airport when we check out?

Are there any stores within walking distance to pick up beer and what about restaurants other than the hotel?

Can we walk or take a bus to the boardwalk?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Donna

Thanks for asking these questions and for all of those that have posted their responses. We are staying at the Westin Diplomat in November and I'm so excited to have gotten this hotel off of Hotwire back in February. I've also confirmed with the hotel directly that we are definitely staying at the beach resort and not the golf resort, although everyone suggested that both are great! Just REALLY wanted the beach location, so here's to hoping that there are no changes between now and then!!:p

We are staying at the Westin Diplomat in January after getting the hotel for $85 on Hotwire. I was checking and they do have a trolley service which you can ride for $1 a ride. Here is a link to the map and brochure to where the trolley will take you. http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/trolleybrochure.pdf

Keith

When you come out of the CP the Westin will be at 11o clock.

If you look to the right you will see an overpass, walk towards this and then turn right restaurants are accross the road and there is a subway and

walmart .

We are staying at the Westin Diplomat in January after getting the hotel for $85 on Hotwire. I was checking and they do have a trolley service which you can ride for $1 a ride. Here is a link to the map and brochure to where the trolley will take you. http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/trolleybrochure.pdf

Keith

Cool! I didn't know Hollywood Beach had a trolley.

Thanks for the link! :)

Well, I won the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort on Priceline instead :confused:

I hope it is as nice as Westin..

Thanks for all your help and if you'd like to chime in on the CP please do so.

Now I need some info on getting around there. :D

I actually like the location of the Crown Plaza a little better. It has marvelous views of the ICW.

Well, I won the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort on Priceline instead :confused:

I hope it is as nice as Westin..

Thanks for all your help and if you'd like to chime in on the CP please do so.

Now I need some info on getting around there. :D

I'm sorry, I know you were hoping for the Westin :( I hear Crowne Plaza is very nice too, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Great deal on restaurant .com too! :)

Archived