Bed Size?

outdoorlady79

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I tried a couple searches using various phrasing and came up empty.

I'm looking to book a cruise soon, probably Carnival Dream but could be Glory or Legend before it's over with. I've read conflicting info on the rooms with two beds in them. Some sites say they move together to form a queen size and others say they move together to form a king size. Can anyone confirm? If they are queens what is the lowest level room that would have a king?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Wow, glad I'm not on those ships then...we have to have a King to be comfortable. On the Conquest, that's what we had.

Which is exactly why I started asking hte question before booking.

Host Mach, If they are all queen size when put together do you know what room I would need to get up to a king sized bed?

Wow, glad I'm not on those ships then...we have to have a King to be comfortable. On the Conquest, that's what we had.

Us too, hubby is 6'4" and a big lovable teddy bear, we need ned space.

Ok I decided to just pick up the phone and ask Carnival which I hated doing because he wanted to get into price qoutes right away. I finally got him to tell me that on the Carnival Dream the only rooms that do not have a king or two twins that convert to kings according to the gentleman I spoke with are the 6N class. 6N is the class of oceanviews designed to accomadate groups of 5 people so the beds are smaller. Hope that will help otehrs with similar questions.

According to everything I could Google, 2 twins make a king in width, but not in length. They would be a few inches short. I wondered about this because we have a Cal King at home and the beds on Carnival have felt the same in width. A standard twin is 39x75 , a King is 76x80 and a Cal King is 78x80.

Maybe some of the suites have true twin beds that convert to true kings, but in my experience that is not true in any other cabins. The single size beds are about 8 - 10 inches narrower than a real twin, so when you put two together you are 16 - 20 inches narrower. I have found this to be true even on the luxury line that we sail, along with CCL, RCCL, and NCL. Host Mach verifies this by his measurements posted above.

Finding a "true" king bed is almost impossible without paying four arms and six legs.

If that is a deal breaker be very very cautious because you may be disappointed in spite of what anyone tells you.

Go see where I edited my post two posts up (after looking and no one had posted then after I hit to save the revisions two new entries).

Do NOT believe him. they have two beds that they call twins that push together, BUT those twins are not standard twins they are only 33 " wide not the standard 39" of a real twin.

To quell some of this I went to the source. Here is what the Carnival site says about bed sizes:

Carnival Comfort Bed Sleep System

Manufactured in Europe exclusively for Carnival, the Carnival Comfort Bed ensemble including custom pillows, duvet and cover, pillowcases and mattress set, provides an unsurpassed level of lavishness in shipboard sleep accommodations.

The bed features an eight-inch spring mattress. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100% hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high quality cotton blend. The duvet covers are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend. New Generation Pillows, made of non-allergenic micro fiber to create a fluffy, down-like consistency are featured in all staterooms. The pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend.

Bed Type Dimensions

Twin bed 78" L x 33" W

Queen bed 78" L x 60" W

Single Sofabed 74" L x 33" W

Double Sofabed 81" L x 55" W

It is the same for all ships in the fleet.

Do NOT believe him. they have two beds that they call twins that push together, BUT those twins are not standard twins they are only 33 " wide not the standard 39" of a real twin.

To quell some of this I went to the source. Here is what the Carnival site says about bed sizes:

Carnival Comfort Bed Sleep System

Manufactured in Europe exclusively for Carnival, the Carnival Comfort Bed ensemble including custom pillows, duvet and cover, pillowcases and mattress set, provides an unsurpassed level of lavishness in shipboard sleep accommodations.

The bed features an eight-inch spring mattress. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100% hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high quality cotton blend. The duvet covers are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend. New Generation Pillows, made of non-allergenic micro fiber to create a fluffy, down-like consistency are featured in all staterooms. The pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend.

Bed Type Dimensions

Twin bed 78" L x 33" W

Queen bed 78" L x 60" W

Single Sofabed 74" L x 33" W

Double Sofabed 81" L x 55" W

It is the same for all ships in the fleet.

That looks oddly familiar...

;)

Thanks for clarifying in detail, that's part of why I posted it here as well. It's not a deal breaker but something I need to be aware of for sure. We have a queen in our RV and have learned to sleep in it comfortably finally after about 10 trips in it so a queen on a cruise is livable.

Archived