Baby on formula

onesphinx2004

There's nothing wrong with the water onboard....most cruiselines require that babies be AT LEAST 6 mos. old at the time of sailing...and that should mean sterilization shouldn't be needed. Once babies start moving about on their own, they are alreading getting a big dose of germs on a daily basis...it's actually what makes their immune system stronger!

You can always bring bottled water with you, if you're truly afraid...but it's simply not needed.

Powdered formula is easy to transport and mix.

Advice please on best way to handle formula. Concerned about water supply on board.

We will be bringing bottled water for our grandson in oct. Just packing it in a suitcase. Water might be fine but doctor does not want him drinking it in his bottle.

Laura

We carried a couple gallons of water on with us. The water onboard is fine, but I was worried about changing anything on them and having their tummies upset. The bottled water onboard is expensive.

This is what my grandson's doctor said, why take a chance on vacation. And I totally agree. Especially since we can pick up water before we board.

Laura

Our twins were 10 months old and on Enfamil powder formula - we just used the ship tap water and had no problems. I think most ships let you take bottled water onboard with you. In fact, our last couple with Royal...we had the case of water and just stuck luggage tags on there and it was delivered to our room with no problem. (we had 3-4 rooms of people and used them for port days)

Archived