24hr pizza

Izziebella

On the Pride they had it, but you had to ask them to make it for you. I guess there wasn't enough demand for them to make it before someone ordered it.

Ohhhhhh goodie! goodie! goodie!

Once I learned that I was gluten intolerant, one of the things I thought about was losing my after night club pizza fix on my cruise.

Thanks!

What does the 24 hour pizza guy do at around 6 to 10 am when presumably there are very few people ordering pizza?

Yes, I've done the cold pizza for breakfast thing in my day, but it seems that wouldn't be all that appealing when you have real breakfast foods a few steps away. I'm sure someone does it, but the guy must mostly just be doing nothing those time unless he has another job he can be working on.

What does the 24 hour pizza guy do at around 6 to 10 am when presumably there are very few people ordering pizza?

Yes, I've done the cold pizza for breakfast thing in my day, but it seems that wouldn't be all that appealing when you have real breakfast foods a few steps away. I'm sure someone does it, but the guy must mostly just be doing nothing those time unless he has another job he can be working on.

In the mornings I didn't see anyone on the Dream making pizza. I looked a few times. Maybe I am wrong.

Does Carnival have gluten free pizza?

Call or e-mail Carnival's Special Needs folks for an answer. I'm thinking that even if they do have it, I don't know if they have a separate place to cook it to prevent cross-contamination. We had two gluten-free ppl in our group this year, but I don't remember them saying whether or not there was gluten-free pizza.

• 3 weeks later...
Ohhhhhh goodie! goodie! goodie!

Once I learned that I was gluten intolerant, one of the things I thought about was losing my after night club pizza fix on my cruise.

Thanks!

Anjanu - If you are still checking this thread, you will need to order the gluten free pizza a day in advance. They make it in the main kitchen. My last cruise (and my first gluten free) I found out the hard way. I had learned through these boards that I could get a gluten free pizza. My first day for lunch on the cruise I was having trouble finding something to eat at the buffet since the chef was so busy. I asked the man at the pizza station how long it would take for a gluten free pizza and he told me seven minutes - he would make it for me. He asked for my special order and about 10 minutes later brought it to me. It was delicious! - I told my DH it was too good to be true (and it was). That evening I had to leave dinner because I was so sick and spent the first night of the cruise doubled over in pain in the room. Found out later that it was a regular pizza. I saw the pizza man the next day and asked him why he gave me a regular pizza. He replied "I no understand so I say yes." I appreciated his honestly instead of giving me some excuse, although I nicely explained to him the importance of not making someone sick.

The worst part is that I ordered a gluten free pizza a few days later hoping it would taste like the other pizza but it was absolutely terrible (sorry). They put sauce and cheese on the bread that they serve for dinner, which isn't very good. I appreciate Carnival's other gluten free efforts but the gluten free pizza falls short. For my next cruise I may ask the special needs department if I can bring my own gluten free pizza crust.

Anjanu - If you are still checking this thread, you will need to order the gluten free pizza a day in advance. They make it in the main kitchen. My last cruise (and my first gluten free) I found out the hard way. I had learned through these boards that I could get a gluten free pizza. My first day for lunch on the cruise I was having trouble finding something to eat at the buffet since the chef was so busy. I asked the man at the pizza station how long it would take for a gluten free pizza and he told me seven minutes - he would make it for me. He asked for my special order and about 10 minutes later brought it to me. It was delicious! - I told my DH it was too good to be true (and it was). That evening I had to leave dinner because I was so sick and spent the first night of the cruise doubled over in pain in the room. Found out later that it was a regular pizza. I saw the pizza man the next day and asked him why he gave me a regular pizza. He replied "I no understand so I say yes." I appreciated his honestly instead of giving me some excuse, although I nicely explained to him the importance of not making someone sick.

The worst part is that I ordered a gluten free pizza a few days later hoping it would taste like the other pizza but it was absolutely terrible (sorry). They put sauce and cheese on the bread that they serve for dinner, which isn't very good. I appreciate Carnival's other gluten free efforts but the gluten free pizza falls short. For my next cruise I may ask the special needs department if I can bring my own gluten free pizza crust.

Oh my. Thank you for this most valuable information! I am so sorry to hear that they made you ill. I know how awful the outcome can be when you unknowingly eat something that contains gluten.

Here's hoping that they will have changed the pizza bread and will actually have gluten free pizza crust on the Dream in December. If not, I will write Carnival to complain and request a refund. Just kidding. LOL

Archived