Sailing in 2 days, got a last minute food question! Please help!

TinkyPatz

Hello all!

I'm leaving on the Liberty from POM on 9/11, I was packing some snack foods that I must have :o like Twizzlers, ginger snaps, other cookies, and such. To save packing space, I removed the snacks from their original packages and put them in ziplock bags. They are going on the checked luggage, not in carry-on.

Has anybody brought unsealed food on their checked luggage, on embarkation? And if so, did you have any problems?

Thanks in advance!

No problem bringing them ONBOARD . . . big problem taking them OFF THE SHIP in ports. Snacks should be in original sealed packages only when doing that. Every country and port has its own ecological balance. Bringing "foreign" foods into their ecological environment has the potential of reeking havoc. (e.g., the fruit fly in So Cal) :)

Thanks you guys! not bringing them off the ship, just candy for the room, because, well, I'm a candy junkie :o I just know that you can't bring unsealed beverages, so I was wondering about food, however it will be on checked-in luggage.

I also wanted to thank you firefly for all the early saver/fcc questions you have answered for me, I feel like I should pay you a financial advisor fee :p

I always take peanuts and/or goldfish and I put them in zip lock bags also. We haven't had any problems with that and we'll be doing it again this weekend. You should be fine.

Haha, I'm taking peanuts too! No peanuts on board... and definitely don't want to bring the can. Hey, a few inches are a few inches!

Archived