AFT Balcony question

Patty421

To me, the greatest thing was the view. Sitting out there every evening with a glass of wine watching the water was fantastic.

They aren't really all that much larger than a regular balcony, though. A bit deeper, with the slanted rail, but no wider.

I think most are talking about aft wraps, that have huge balconys and wrap around in two directions.

Im ambivalent on aft facing balconies. Many are extended, so twice as deep and more expensive. On the downside, you might feel vibration if you are low enough on the ship.

We have booked a aft facing JS on Liberty OTS ... Ill tell you if it was worth it when I get back this fall. :D

The aft balconies are private - you do not share with any other cabin!

We had our first aft balcony on Glory this past May, and absolutely LOVED it! We spent a lot of time out there taking in the sun, enjoying continental breakfast, and of course taking in all of the views! You have around 60 sq. feet of privacy, can definitely sit back there and get some sun, and be able to look out at all of the stars at night (as well as watch the wake behind the ship)! The other good thing about having an aft cabin is that there are only 6-8 of them per floor, and it's extremely quiet in the hallway :D

We are most looking forward to the aft cabin that we have for our cruise next May (Magic's first 12 day Grand Mediterranean itinerary) :D :p

No, the balconies are private, just like a side balcony. The only difference would be that it isn't quite as private as the side. People on either side of you can stand at the railing and look into your balcony if the want to. We have had 5 aft balconies and never had a problem with privacy. Guess it depends on what you want to do out there.

The view is fantastic. You can see both side and to the back. You will not feel the wind on the back like you do on the side.

Pulling in and out of ports is my favorite part of the aft. You usually have a wonderful view.

The other good thing about having an aft cabin is that there are only 6-8 of them per floor, and it's extremely quiet in the hallway :D

That was the absolute BEST thing about being so far aft...we had aboslutely NO traffic in the hall, and barely even knew we had neighbors. It wasn't all that far a walk to the first elevator bank (the Pride is not a huge ship), so we loved the location. We were three decks below the Lido. :cool:

One we decided to move from an ocean view to a balcony, it only cost an additiona $260 total to get an Extended Aft Balcony on the Valor for next September. We ended up with 8450 which is right next to the aft wrap on the Verandah deck. It looks like it is wider than the balcony in the same class right next door. We saw several pictures on CC that led us to think this way. My parents are right next door in the aft wrap.

OP narrow down which ships u r interested in booking, then search for pics of the aft balconies still available. We enjoyed one on the Legend & specifically picked the lowest deck available for more overhang from cabin above for privacy.

i tend to sleep better in an aft for some reason, perhaps the sound of the wake. you get the best (final) view leaving port;)...still, no view compares to that offered on a wrap balcony:D

We had an Aft Wrap on the Triumph and really enjoyed it. When we docked in Rotan the ship backed into the docking area. We had a great view when docking and when leaving port. During sea days we sat out side all day, sunning, reading and relaxing. Evening and nights it was a great place for that special time with DW. Everyone should try an aft wrap one time, great experience ......:D:D:D

leedm

We had an aft balcony on a transatlantic cruise 2 years ago..... free upgrade from an OV!!

It's probably the best cabin we've ever had..... much nicer than side balcony!

It's so relaxing looking at the wake.... and there's no breeze... totally sheltered!!

I'd definitely book another one!!

I've always had Cat 11/OV's so I'm used to balconies and like them. This last cruse we "slummed" and got an aft wrap (9V) on the Triumph. And yes, the extended balcony is nice, but we won't go back for the following reasons:

• People looking over towards us. The cabin next to us was a straight "Aft" and often someone would be looking over our way so they could see "forward". A bit annoying.
  • It's hot back there! no breeze most the time and little shade, but being a wrap we did have one side.
  • weird shaped room; think triangle with your bed on the long side. Seemed like the bed was always in the way.
  • Single sink, small closets, small couch, no refrig!!!(granted it's a cat 9V).

In summary I'll spend the extra $ for a cat 11/OV. I don't think aft wraps are all that great. Then again I do want to try one on a Spirit class ship.

See you on Lido deck!

Had an aft wrap on Liberty and LOVED it!

So much room both aft facing and along the side. We did catch the breeze on the side. Loved looking at the wake. Great location to run up or down for snacks and drinks. Had friends over for Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. Plenty of room for all to be comfortable.

Excellent when pulling in and out of ports. Great for sunning and relaxing.

Cabin set up is odd. Bed was a bit in the way of bathroom door but the balcony made up for that.

I spend a lot of time on my balcony so it was well worth it for me.

Cruising Miracle next and can't afford the aft wrap as she is a different class so the aft wraps are Suites. Sure will miss the aft wrap.

Just to note when we had the wrap friends of ours had the regular aft and said it was just to hot to sit out there due to no breeze.

.....3 aft balconies (8N) and 1 aft wrap (VS). We have enjoyed every one of them.

The aft wraps are expensive, the only one I had, I got for my 50th birthday. And all I can say is 'Deck Size' Matters! ;)

That's why I got one for my Alaska cruise next year. I went to Alaska for my first cruise in a mid ship balcony and swore if I ever got back to Alaska again I'd like another balcony.

Figure it'll be our last time to Alaska so we might as well do it in style.

:cool:

wasiii

That was the absolute BEST thing about being so far aft...we had aboslutely NO traffic in the hall, and barely even knew we had neighbors. It wasn't all that far a walk to the first elevator bank (the Pride is not a huge ship), so we loved the location. We were three decks below the Lido. :cool:

Exactly....no hall traffic, noise or slamming doors :rolleyes: is one of the reason we choose them - in addition to the awesome view and sound of the wake ;) :D!!

Archived