Thoughts on the Drink Packages vs. Pay as you go?

sayvan

Pay as you go or Drink package? What do you prefer  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Pay as you go or Drink package? What do you prefer

• Pay as you go
    • Drink Package

Maybe X should look into raising cruise prices an average of $35 a day and make the cruises all inclusive?:)

No, "busdriver475." The vast majority of the cruising public wants to see the lowest possible fare, coupled with a variety of additional products/services that can be ignored or chosen OPTIONALLY. It is only the rich and super-rich who can afford all-inclusive fares ... and, if I'm not mistaken, they have a few cruise lines "of their own" to which you can turn if you wish.

Do they keep track of how much you are drinking? Can you purchase more than one drink at a time? If you purchase the package is it possible to buy others a drink? (I know this is cheating but...)

The drinks that you purchase (either "as you go" or via package) are noted in the "X" computer system and appear on your account. No one but "they" know what else "they keep track of" -- i.e., if they have computer programs sophisticated enough to "spy" on anything.

But we shouldn't even be speculating about this. We have a duty to each other, to God, and to our business partner ("X") not to cheat. When I say that we have a duty to each other, I mean this: If a lot of cheating occurs, the cruise line will either stop offering packages or will increase the price on them ... and either of those outcomes would be unfair to the great majority of passengers (who are honest).

To continue replying to your questions ...

If you don't have a package, you can order as many drinks as you wish, simultaneously. All of them will be fully charged to your account.

If you do have a package, you can order only one drink at a time (per package).

To clarify: Whether you go to a bar alone or together with your husband ... if you and he have purchased two packages ... and if you give both of your SeaPass cards to a waiter/bartender ... then you can order two drinks.

If you have purchased a package, but your husband has not, you may not order a drink for him using your card. (You may order one for him using his card, so that the drink will be fully charged to your account.)

Archived