Eurodam:wifi & soda card question

rpinphx1

HI,

I am bringing my ITouch w/ me on Eurodam Canada/New England.

Is there a FREE wifi signal that can be picked up anywhere on this ship? Where?

Soda card- is it really only for 10 sodas?

Is it a punchcard?

I am spoiled & used to unlimited on other lines.

Thanks,

Robyn

HI,

I am bringing my ITouch w/ me on Eurodam Canada/New England.

Is there a FREE wifi signal that can be picked up anywhere on this ship? Where?

Soda card- is it really only for 10 sodas?

Is it a punchcard?

I am spoiled & used to unlimited on other lines.

Thanks,

Robyn

No free wifi on any HAL ship. You might find a usable free signal from land when in a port.

The current punch card sold on-line is 20 glasses (not cans) for $20.70. The new soda cards being sold on some ships are $25 for "$50 worth" of sodas ... about 22 cans.

rpinphx1 - When you get back from the Eurodam could you please pop back on here and let us know which soda cards they are now using?

I'm on the first Caribbean sailing of the season, and I'm hoping they will start the new $25 card by then.

When we were on the Noordam in August, both the Noordam and Westerdam were the only ships using the "new" soda card. It is IMHO a huge improvement over the old card. With the old card you got a glass of soda, about half a can so you saved about $.20/can ($2.07 vs. $2.30). I never used the old card as I felt it was not a very good deal. The new card however is based on dollars so you end up paying about $1.15 for a can of soda. Now there is the catch that you need to be able to drink 22 sodas on your cruise. Not a problem for us.

I don't know what the time frame is for rolling the new soda cards out to the fleet but if you call ship services, they will know. They also had new beverage cards that saved you 10% which we also used.

Kirk

rpinphx1 - When you get back from the Eurodam could you please pop back on here and let us know which soda cards they are now using?

I'm on the first Caribbean sailing of the season, and I'm hoping they will start the new $25 card by then.

Debsjc,

We are on the cruise right after you, and as part of our booking deal we got those soda cards, so I'm sure they will be available for your cruise. Hope that helps!

Take good care of the ship for us, and I wave to you getting off as I'm getting on!

No Free wifi....and when you get it (expensive) it's S...L...O...W. It's also very dependent on where you are sailing. People on our North Atlantic cruise who bought the 250 minute deal (for $100 if I recall) ended up not being able to use much of it since several days we were totally without any signal...and the other days it was slow. I'd recommend planning to use it off ship...ask employees...they'll know where to get a free signal (McD's etc.)

Debsjc,

We are on the cruise right after you, and as part of our booking deal we got those soda cards, so I'm sure they will be available for your cruise. Hope that helps!

Take good care of the ship for us, and I wave to you getting off as I'm getting on!

Thank you for the info. I'm not sure if we will be able to buy them on board, as yours are part of a special deal, but I hope so :-)

We will make sure to take good care of the Eurodam, and pass her onto you in perfect condition!! Have a great cruise :)

Archived