Past Oasis cruisers - Would U do it again?

Mr. Luckytoo

Would you sail on the Oasis again?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sail on the Oasis again?

• Of course I loved the ship and it was worth every penny
    • I was glad I sailed Oasis but wouldn't do it again
    • No, I thought the ship was overpriced and over-hyped
    • I liked the ship but I'd wait for the fares to come down before doing it again

I revisit the Oasis every time I open the wonderful book I bought on all her art work ... but truly, the only thing I would revisit over and over again is reruns of Golden Girls and Frasier! :D

I have no desire to cruise Oasis again, nor try Allure. Once was enough as I think I'm just not a big ship sort of gal (although I did enjoy Freedom). I am saving up for a Silversea, Regent or Crystal cruise now. I really want to experience the difference between family cruising (which is all I know) and luxury cruising (which my friends tell me I will NEVER go back to family once I've cruised luxury).

Sorry..I disagree..You will be just as happy on a Freedom class ship until prices come down on Oasis/Allure..I for one am in no hurry and would rather be able to do two cruises a year on the Freedom/Radiance classes..But each to their own..Good luck and happy sailing with whatever you decide !!!!

How can you answer as you have never cruised on this ship. I think that the OP was asking for comments on those who had actually cruised.

To the OP, yes I have cruised on the Oasis twice and you will be surprised at how the ship feels spacious and not crowded. Actually felt less crowded than the Freedom class ships. Loved it so much that we are doing a B2B on Allure

I've not sailed on Oasis...yet...but I've gotta say this....

Take your wife on it for crying out loud! If you aren't blown away by this ship, at least you will have done it once and can check it off your (and her) list of things to do, and she can move on to her next heart's desire.

Or better yet, if you don't want to go at all, get her two tickets for her birthday/xmas and tell her to take a girlfriend. You will gain mega hero bozo points for that! LOL

JORAPP -I like the way you think!!!!:D

How can you answer as you have never cruised on this ship. I think that the OP was asking for comments on those who had actually cruised.

It always baffles me when people do that. :rolleyes:

To the Op - Yes! Absolutely! I began as a bit of a skeptic myself....worried about crowds, etc. I could not have been more wrong. Oasis is simply marvelous. You have to try it to truly appreciate what all she has to offer.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT get swayed by the nay saying of people who have not been on Oasis. You would be doing yourself a severe injustice.

My wife keeps bugging me to sail on the Oasis but I don't want to. My argument is that it is such a large ship and I like the feel of the smaller ships. Well we went on the Epic in June and I was surprised that it didn't feel as crowded as I had expected. That's only encouraged the Mrs. to "keep up the pressure" to sail the Oasis.

Since it will be in the Caribbean I'm not thrilled with the stops so the only reason to sail the ship is for the ship itself. When I consider that Freedom of the Seas does the exact same stops as the Oasis and is usually $200-300 less expensive for the balcony's I was wondering if the ship itself was worth sailing just for the experience.

So to all those who have sailed on the Oasis I ask this question: Given your experience if you had to do it all over again would you sail the Oasis and pay the more expensive fees?

YES, YES and YES........ sailed Oasis in Jan and we booked b2b for Oct 23 and Oct 30 and then, we booked b2b Allure for Jan 23 and Jan 30, and the Freedom in between. (Jan 9)

We went on Oasis last January and YES we would go again, and are going on the Allure this January. This ship is not "just bigger" as some have suggested. It is superior and innovative in design and there is just nothing that compares.

As far as crowding, I was shocked how UNcrowded this ship was. I found several spots throughout the week to relax and read that were deserted!

I have also been on the Mariner, and it is a beautiful ship but doesn't compare to the Oasis. The fact that both ships have a mall type area in the center is about the only similarity.

The restaurant choices are so numerous. The layout is spectacular and except for walking from dinner straight to a show, you never feel as though you are on a huge ship. I can't even begin to list all the differences. As far as crowding, there were always lots of lounge chairs and the pool was about as crowded as any other ship.

Our cabin was an ocean view balcony near the elevators on the Central Park level. We loved it! The technology on this ship is amazing and no other ship compares to it.

I did not feel as though I couldn't see the ocean. Possibly because I had a balcony overlooking the ocean? Also, I made it a point to sit by the rail somewhere on the ship each day and read or just enjoy the view.

Definitely take your wife. I really don't see you regretting it!

I LOVED Oasis and booked during that cruise for the Allure for this Jan.2011

I've been on Freedom and I actually felt more crowded on it than on Oasis. I think RCI does a really good job in crowd control. I didn't feel like I was on a mega ship at all and we never got lost with the handy interactive maps all over the ship.

I'd say go for it! Take your wife, spend the extra money and treat yourself! Just think how happy she will be that you'll be going together. Would you rather have her go with her girlfriends and leave you at home?:D

We went on Oasis last January and YES we would go again, and are going on the Allure this January. This ship is not "just bigger" as some have suggested. It is superior and innovative in design and there is just nothing that compares.

As far as crowding, I was shocked how UNcrowded this ship was. I found several spots throughout the week to relax and read that were deserted!

I have also been on the Mariner, and it is a beautiful ship but doesn't compare to the Oasis. The fact that both ships have a mall type area in the center is about the only similarity.

The restaurant choices are so numerous. The layout is spectacular and except for walking from dinner straight to a show, you never feel as though you are on a huge ship. I can't even begin to list all the differences. As far as crowding, there were always lots of lounge chairs and the pool was about as crowded as any other ship.

Our cabin was an ocean view balcony near the elevators on the Central Park level. We loved it! The technology on this ship is amazing and no other ship compares to it.

I did not feel as though I couldn't see the ocean. Possibly because I had a balcony overlooking the ocean? Also, I made it a point to sit by the rail somewhere on the ship each day and read or just enjoy the view.

Definitely take your wife. I really don't see you regretting it!

Hey mama02girls- we'll be on the same cruise in Jan! It's coming up!!!:D

Sailed Oasis on Jan. 2 and, like others have said, was totally blown away by all the unique and wonderful aspects of this ship. We have booked her again for Oct. 2 and the Allure for next year. We show no prejudice towards size or age when it comes to cruising. We have been on every class of Royal's ships, with future bookings on Radiance, Navigator and Liberty, and fine each has a special, and somewhat different, appeal for us. Yes, Oasis and Allure are more expensive, but the value, IMHO, is well worth it.

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

I've been on loads of cruises, oodles of ships, an assortment of cruise lines, and loved them all...but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have I loved a ship as much as I loved Oasis!!! I absolutely can not WAIT to get back onboard an Oasis-class ship (and I already have Allure booked for 2011 and 2012)! Everything about Oasis was magnificent in my opinion. The ship IS the destination! We could have stayed docked in Ft. Lauderdale the entire week and I still would have said that I had just taken the best cruise ever! For me, Oasis (and Allure) are worth every penny and I will tighten my budget elsewhere if I have to, to be able to sail on these ships! Truthfully though, I've ended up getting decent prices on Oasis AND Allure, and am not paying anymore than I would have on any other ship. But, you get SO much more for your money on these ships! It is just a great vacation experience in my opinion! Two thumbs up from me! :D

just off the oasis recently. Ship was great, service the best i have had . I am booked on the allure in march, It was great but until prices come down I will go with other cruises. Its nice very nice . You have to do it once on each ship and then its up to you. Personally i am done after once on each and i was blown away.

Not that Oasis was not a great experience, and for the most part crowds were not a problem - except for the Windjammer (way too small). Another problem was My Time, not well done on my cruise.

I wouldn't pick Oasis again because I found it to be a different experience than a more "traditional" cruise. Many people have a great time at a Vegas mega-resort, but its a different experience than a vacation at a 100 room resort. A matter of personal preference.

I found Freedom to Oasis to be a much bigger jump than say, Radiance to Freedom - just a different style of cruising, some like it and some don't - just like some people prefer NCL!

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

I've been on loads of cruises, oodles of ships, an assortment of cruise lines, and loved them all...but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have I loved a ship as much as I loved Oasis!!! I absolutely can not WAIT to get back onboard an Oasis-class ship (and I already have Allure booked for 2011 and 2012)! Everything about Oasis was magnificent in my opinion. The ship IS the destination! We could have stayed docked in Ft. Lauderdale the entire week and I still would have said that I had just taken the best cruise ever! For me, Oasis (and Allure) are worth every penny and I will tighten my budget elsewhere if I have to, to be able to sail on these ships! Truthfully though, I've ended up getting decent prices on Oasis AND Allure, and am not paying anymore than I would have on any other ship. But, you get SO much more for your money on these ships! It is just a great vacation experience in my opinion! Two thumbs up from me! :D

Bonnie....You always have the perfect words to help answer a question. I have always admired you on these boards. I may have the exact same thought as you do....but you put it into words so much better than most of us! Thank you so much for all of your contributions! I consider you one of my top three experts on these boards. (With all three being ranked equal! LOL)

Bonnie....You always have the perfect words to help answer a question. I have always admired you on these boards. I may have the exact same thought as you do....but you put it into words so much better than most of us! Thank you so much for all of your contributions! I consider you one of my top three experts on these boards. (With all three being ranked equal! LOL)

"I'm not worthy" :o But thanks! I really appreciate your kind words! :D

were-not-worthy.jpg

Not that Oasis was not a great experience, and for the most part crowds were not a problem - except for the Windjammer (way too small). Another problem was My Time, not well done on my cruise.

I wouldn't pick Oasis again because I found it to be a different experience than a more "traditional" cruise. Many people have a great time at a Vegas mega-resort, but its a different experience than a vacation at a 100 room resort. A matter of personal preference.

I found Freedom to Oasis to be a much bigger jump than say, Radiance to Freedom - just a different style of cruising, some like it and some don't - just like some people prefer NCL!

You hit on a key element here..."personal reference" ;) My second favorite vacation of choice IS a "Vegas MEGA-resort" so with that concept in mind, it would make sense that I would love Oasis!

Therefore, using that concept as a barometer, it might help future cruisers decide if it is worth their money to sail on Oasis. If you love the atmosphere of a mega-resort then you will love Oasis. If you shy away from those types of vacation....then perhaps a smaller cruise ship will give you more bang for your buck?!

Just something to ponder. :D

You hit on a key element here..."personal reference" ;) My second favorite vacation of choice IS a "Vegas MEGA-resort" so with that concept in mind, it would make sense that I would love Oasis!

Therefore, using that concept as a barometer, it might help future cruisers decide if it is worth their money to sail on Oasis. If you love the atmosphere of a mega-resort then you will love Oasis. If you shy away from those types of vacation....then perhaps a smaller cruise ship will give you more bang for your buck?!

Just something to ponder. :D

Funny you should mention Vegas Mega-resorts because that's what i felt like I was on with the Epic. I truly felt like I was stuck at Harrah's in AC (we did the TA - so there was no getting off and the weather STUNK). My favorite ship has been the Equinox then the Navigator. Been on the larger Princess ships but what I like is feeling like I'm on a ship.

Funny you should mention Vegas Mega-resorts because that's what i felt like I was on with the Epic. I truly felt like I was stuck at Harrah's in AC (we did the TA - so there was no getting off and the weather STUNK). My favorite ship has been the Equinox then the Navigator. Been on the larger Princess ships but what I like is feeling like I'm on a ship.

There are many spots on Oasis where you can get that feeling so whatever your final conclusion turns out to be about your time onboard, I don't think that "stuck" will be the word you use to describe the experience. Oasis, as opposed to the Freedom and Voyager class ships which seem designed to draw passengers deep within them and away from any connection to the sea, offers a much more open environment, open to the sky and open to the sea. Book an oceanview stateroom with verandah and you will have a great private place to relax and watch the ocean. Go up to the Solarium towards the bow of the ship and you will be pleased with its beauty and the wonderful views.:)

There are many spots on Oasis where you can get that feeling so whatever your final conclusion turns out to be about your time onboard, I don't think that "stuck" will be the word you use to describe the experience. Oasis, as opposed to the Freedom and Voyager class ships which seem designed to draw passengers deep within them and away from any connection to the sea, offers a much more open environment, open to the sky and open to the sea. Book an oceanview stateroom with verandah and you will have a great private place to relax and watch the ocean. Go up to the Solarium towards the bow of the ship and you will be pleased with its beauty and the wonderful views.:)

thanks for the encouragement all. My wife spent the morning reading this thread and then turned to me and said, "Well......"

5ys375.jpg

So I told her we'd book on the Oasis/Allure when we do our upcoming =X= cruise. :D

2uqolu1.jpg

So glad you've agreed to go!

Went on the Oasis in July, loved, loved, loved it! The only bad thing is I think we are now ruined for any other class. I echo what everyone else said. It never felt crowded, to the contrary, we often asked, "where is everybody?"

The shows in the Aqua Theater were like no other ship has, and sooo worth it, we saw them several times! (there is a "hidden" balcony on deck 12 you can see it from).

Yes, you don't see the ocean from the Promenade or the MDR or CP, but there are lots and lots of places to sit out not just the pool deck but the one one up, to see the ocean while you cruise. I would get the ocean balcony next time (we had CP balcony) but you can get the cruise experience while also feeling that you have to be reminded you're on a ship. I like both.

The entertainment was top notch, there are so many things to do, alternative venues to eat and to drink and for entertainment, that the problem is often too much to do rather than, "what should we do?"

The staff and service were top notch, the ship itself is an experience, I am looking forward to booking the Allure and I might not even get off the ship at any of the ports and just enjoy being on board. :)

I woud like to hear your comparison of the X with the Oasis after you do both.

Archived