Past Oasis cruisers - Would U do it again?

Mr. Luckytoo

Would you sail on the Oasis again?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sail on the Oasis again?

• Of course I loved the ship and it was worth every penny
    • I was glad I sailed Oasis but wouldn't do it again
    • No, I thought the ship was overpriced and over-hyped
    • I liked the ship but I'd wait for the fares to come down before doing it again

My wife keeps bugging me to sail on the Oasis but I don't want to. My argument is that it is such a large ship and I like the feel of the smaller ships. Well we went on the Epic in June and I was surprised that it didn't feel as crowded as I had expected. That's only encouraged the Mrs. to "keep up the pressure" to sail the Oasis.

Since it will be in the Caribbean I'm not thrilled with the stops so the only reason to sail the ship is for the ship itself. When I consider that Freedom of the Seas does the exact same stops as the Oasis and is usually $200-300 less expensive for the balcony's I was wondering if the ship itself was worth sailing just for the experience.

So to all those who have sailed on the Oasis I ask this question: Given your experience if you had to do it all over again would you sail the Oasis and pay the more expensive fees?

I've not sailed on Oasis...yet...but I've gotta say this....

Take your wife on it for crying out loud! If you aren't blown away by this ship, at least you will have done it once and can check it off your (and her) list of things to do, and she can move on to her next heart's desire.

Or better yet, if you don't want to go at all, get her two tickets for her birthday/xmas and tell her to take a girlfriend. You will gain mega hero bozo points for that! LOL

I just think your a big tight with the dollars - as my mum would say - you have short hands and long pockets!!! :-)

Just get yourself on the Oasis - we are looking at the Freedom next year - and even though the Allure is £300pp more for the week - that's over $1000, I'm raiding our piggy banks trying to find the extra because it will feel a letdown going on a different ship - and I've been on the Liberty and Indy so know how good the Freedom class ships are.

Sorry..I disagree..You will be just as happy on a Freedom class ship until prices come down on Oasis/Allure..I for one am in no hurry and would rather be able to do two cruises a year on the Freedom/Radiance classes..But each to their own..Good luck and happy sailing with whatever you decide !!!!

Cruised Oasis on Jan. 16th 2010 and LOVED it SO much we book Allure on day 2 of the cruise for same time next year!

I too was worried about getting lost on such a large ship but the experience was wonderful. We raved SO much that the whole family is coming on Allure.

Our time at Giovanni's Table in Central park was quiet and romantic. I love the boardwalk early in the morning watching the sea roll behind the ship. Just such a great time I can't wait to see what Allure has for us. 128 days and counting!!

-Doug

We're Booked on the Oasis for Nov. 27. This cruise will be all about experiencing the ship - don't care where it goes (been there; done that).

We have pre-booked our shows and already have a busy schedule. We just hope we can see it all in one week. We won't be doing zip-lining or flow-rider, so maybe we can accomplish our goals.

Nancy

NCL Starward Dec 1994 Eastern/Southern Caribbean

Carnival Sensation Dec 1996 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Destiny Dec 1997 Western Caribbean

Carnival Jubilee Dec 1998 Southern Caribbean

RCL Vision of the Seas Jan 2000 Panama Canal San Juan/Acapulco

RCL Nordic Empress Nov 2003 Western Caribbean

Island Princess Sept 2004 Alaska cruise tour

Costa Mediterranea Dec 2004 TransAtlantic Westbound

Regal Princess Sept 2005 Alaska

Carnival Triumph Dec 2005 Eastern Caribbean

Star Princess transatlantic cancelled due to fire

NCL Jewell May 2006 TransAtlantic Eastbound

Star Princess May 2006 Baltic

RCL Voyager of the Seas Dec 2006 Western Caribbean

Island Princess April 2007 Hawaii

Grand Princess Oct 2007 New England/Canada

HAL Zuiderdam Dec 2007 Eastern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess March 2008 Eastern Caribbean

Grand Princess – January 2009 Southern Caribbean

RCL Freedom of the Seas – December 2009 Eastern Caribberan

Star Princess – March 2010 South America/Repositioning (32 days) cancelled due to earthquake

HAL Maasdam – March 2010 San Diego trans-canal to FLL

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - November 2010

Vantage Grand European Cruise - June 2011

We cruised Oasis with some concerns about size, crowds, etc., but wanted to experience the ship. After taking that cruise, we would definitely do it again. There is so much to see and do onboard, and as D+ the access to the Concierege Lounge and the upgraded amenities (breakfast & lunch served) were very nice. We never felt overwhelmed by a crowd, and the way they handled the muster drill was painless. Also, we loved the way they did the photos - the notebook tagged with a number on your seapass, or on a computer screen. It was great not having to search through an ocean of faces to find you pictures. We're looking forward to sailing on Oasis again, next time with some friends.

So to all those who have sailed on the Oasis I ask this question: Given your experience if you had to do it all over again would you sail the Oasis and pay the more expensive fees?

In a heartbeat!!! And that heartbeat beats strong when we again board her on Dec 10, 2011!:D:D

Was glad to do a family cruise but would not sail Oasis again. We had a fabulous time but I really missed seeing the ocean. I actively had to search for areas onboard where I could see the sea. Seriously. The Boardwalk, Central Park, and the Royal Promenade are all nice areas, but it's like being inside a mall or an Embassy Suites lobby.

It's a personal decision, obviously, but I'm more comfortable on a smaller class of ship, with Explorer (Voyager-class) being my favorite. Next year we are on Brilliance which I understand has lots of windows and Windjammer outdoor seating. Looking forward to her. :)

We enjoyed the ship for what it was. The ports of call don't do a thing for us. We were entertained from start to finish and had all sorts of variety as far as places to hang out and relax. For us, it was all about relaxation and getting out of a cold weather climate and into the sun. We were so happy that once home, we decided to book Allure for this coming January.

But (isn't there always one of those), we booked Allure because we wanted to see some different entertainment. Yes it's warm and yes the ship is great but no, we don't want to see the same shows every year. So even though we've sailed Oasis and will be sailing Allure, I don't believe we'll sail either ship again until the shows change. Like I said, the ports of call do nothing for us and seeing the same shows more than once isn't typically on our agenda.

I was also hesitant about such a large ship in fact I was hesitant about the Voyager class when they first were introduced. I loved the Oasis! There was so much to do- shows (normal Royal Caribbean plus Hairspray, water show), lots of restuarants (including sushi), comedy club, great pool area - I even did the zip line. It never felt crowded- there are so many spaces quiet and not so quiet. I am sure that there are some I didn't see! I would go again in a heartbeat!

Mary

If it is a desire of your wife to go on Oasis, and you can fulfill that for her, why not? We should all reach the point in our lives that we realize life is short. Doing something for your wife that you know is important to her would be wonderful gesture! Hope you go and both have a great time.

We also just booked Oasis for May 2011, had always thought about it being too big, but decided it would be nice to see it:) Last night we watched a TV show on how it was built and now can't wait.

Regg1216 have a question for you. Where did you find your spining diamond image? I would love to use it as I see so many cruisers doing, but haven't been able to find it, so would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Well it's early but it looks like most people enjoyed their Oasis experience!

Part of the reason I'm balking at taking the Mrs. on the Oasis was we did the Epic in June (her surprise to me) and we didn't care for the ship. We both really, really liked the Equinox (Celebrity).

So for her birthday I'm taking her on Millenium (what she told me her favorite ship was) - now all I hear is Oasis...Oasis... The biggest RCI ship we've done is Voyager class but if this keeps up it looks like I'll have to make a reservation for the Oasis as well :rolleyes:

sorry..i disagree..you will be just as happy on a freedom class ship until prices come down on oasis/allure..i for one am in no hurry and would rather be able to do two cruises a year on the freedom/radiance classes..but each to their own..good luck and happy sailing with whatever you decide !!!!

amen!!!

Well it's early but it looks like most people enjoyed their Oasis experience!

Part of the reason I'm balking at taking the Mrs. on the Oasis was we did the Epic in June (her surprise to me) and we didn't care for the ship. We both really, really liked the Equinox (Celebrity).

So for her birthday I'm taking her on Millenium (what she told me her favorite ship was) - now all I hear is Oasis...Oasis... The biggest RCI ship we've done is Voyager class but if this keeps up it looks like I'll have to make a reservation for the Oasis as well :rolleyes:

If she didnt like Epic, why does she want to do another mega-ship? I agree with the poster who said that it's critical to be able to see the ocean and never forget you're AT SEA while on a cruise. Otherwise, what makes it different from a land-based vacation, particularly if you don't care about the oh-so-tired ports of call the Oasis class ships are able to visit.

I agree - to each his own. Some people (believe it or not) don't even LIKE cruising! (HORRORS!)

Personally, I preferred Voyager to Freedom class. I found the major public events on Freedom class to be too crowded for comfort (the FoodFest in the Promenade, the 70s Party, etc.) Bigger?? NO WAY for me!!!

We loved it so much that we've got a group of 14 booked on the Allure and we're paying for all the staterooms!!

haha okay, but not all of us are as rich as you!

Some of the prices for the Allure next year are a little lower than the Oasis. I'm looking at a cruise in April and saw this.

My wife keeps bugging me to sail on the Oasis but I don't want to. My argument is that it is such a large ship and I like the feel of the smaller ships. Well we went on the Epic in June and I was surprised that it didn't feel as crowded as I had expected. That's only encouraged the Mrs. to "keep up the pressure" to sail the Oasis.

Since it will be in the Caribbean I'm not thrilled with the stops so the only reason to sail the ship is for the ship itself. When I consider that Freedom of the Seas does the exact same stops as the Oasis and is usually $200-300 less expensive for the balcony's I was wondering if the ship itself was worth sailing just for the experience.

Take her on the Oasis (or Allure)!!!!

We did the inagural in Dec and paid the higher bucks. Booked it the first day bookings ever opened up. Mr. Ski was hesitant because of the size. He loves the smaller ships. (I am happy on any ship!) We both Loved, Loved, Loved it. We still love the RD class but for us it is now RD Class or Oasis/Allure! We have OA booked again for this December. The prices for our Dec 4 Oasis sailing are higher than for the Dec 5 Allure sailing (comparable category). We sailed the Freedom inaugural and that once was enough for us. Have not been back on Freedom (or any other ships in that class). It was "ok" but we preferred the RD class. Now, Oasis on the other hand....WOW!!!! Now when booking it is either OA/AL or a RD class ship...whatever fits our dates and port preferences at the time. (On occasion another ship size gets thrown in.)

Got to admit it.. The Lady O is a great ship. We also loved it so much that we have booked two cruises on the Allure - Dec 1 2010 and March 13th

Just goes to show... If your hooked, you on it for hook line and sinker!! Can't get enought of these two ships.

Archived