I can't believe it

north east girl

Well done Catherine, enjoy it all, Now we have to wait a few weeks to what they offer again, great fun all this waiting for upgrades lol

Thanks Rob, When I checked out the booking yesterday I could not believe what I saw. I was having a glass of wine at the time.

Anyway have now printed everything off, so it is all in black and white.

Hope you get a good up grade for your next trip.

Catherine

Hi All, Just had to tell you all that we have been upgraded to Princess Grill from an A3.

How wonderful is that, christmas has come early for me.

A very happy

Catherine

Excellent! There should be a "special" invite card(in your cabin) for "grill" guests to meet the Commodore & first officers. It's a bit more formal than the "meet & greet" that folks, who take multiple trips get. Nice Canapes & Champagne will be served as well. In looking at the amount of Q-suites still left on our Nov.27 cruise we are hoping for an upgrade from our Q-6. Anything can happen.

Excellent! There should be a "special" invite card(in your cabin) for "grill" guests to meet the Commodore & first officers. It's a bit more formal than the "meet & greet" that folks, who take multiple trips get. Nice Canapes & Champagne will be served as well. In looking at the amount of Q-suites still left on our Nov.27 cruise we are hoping for an upgrade from our Q-6. Anything can happen.

Thanks keithm, That will be something to look forward to. Will look out for the invite card.

I thought our trip was sold out, that was why it was so unexpected. Hope you also get a great up grade.

Just 7 days for us to wait now.

Catherine

Hi All, Just had to tell you all that we have been upgraded to Princess Grill from an A3.

How wonderful is that, christmas has come early for me.

A very happy

Catherine

Catherine, l am simply thrilled for you :D l know that you have been counting down the days to your departure & this will make it all the more exciting! Have a terrific time!

A

Catherine, l am simply thrilled for you :D l know that you have been counting down the days to your departure & this will make it all the more exciting! Have a terrific time!

A

Hi conniedoug, You are right I have been counting the days down to this trip. It was a total surprise that I thought I'd put in the wrong reference number and got our May trip up instead. We did manage to try PG then and loved it. It was for just 5 days now we have 12 days to enjoy it.

Catherine

Thanks Lanky Lad, Hope the trouble with QM2 is sorted out. Are you still coming to the lunch in Manchester?

See you there if you are.

Catherine

I am hoping to be there :)

My local butcher is on board, for this cruise (his first one) he is called David. If happen to bump into him please say hello from Stephen and Jean. :D

Thanks keithm, That will be something to look forward to. Will look out for the invite card.

I thought our trip was sold out, that was why it was so unexpected. Hope you also get a great up grade.

Just 7 days for us to wait now.

Catherine

Sounds great. Really look forward to your review. It will help inform the rest of us on how Cunard is doing.

When you return from your trip, please be sure to write about it.

I try to read all the reviews ( and try to "walk in the shoes of the reviewer")whether they enjoyed the cruise or not., even though sometimes I cannot imagine why they took that cruise or that ship. Like the Transatlantic review that said -reviewer did not like it because there were no ports, and did not like dressing for dinner.

Of well to each his own, enjoy you cruise, and your upgrade.

Only another 75 days before I am back in Sir Samuels

Lynn

Congratulations. What a good upgrade. I think the Britannia to Grill upgrade the best to have. A better cabin within Britannia or Grill upgrade is nice but from Britannia to Grill changes so much more. I am very envious.

I enjoyed meeting both of you and Lynn on our short cruise in May. We had a small upgrade then from Q6 to Q4. Next year we are back in Britannia. I am hoping for an upgrade? to an officer hosted table.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Congratulations. What a good upgrade. I think the Britannia to Grill upgrade the best to have. A better cabin within Britannia or Grill upgrade is nice but from Britannia to Grill changes so much more. I am very envious.

I enjoyed meeting both of you and Lynn on our short cruise in May. We had a small upgrade then from Q6 to Q4. Next year we are back in Britannia. I am hoping for an upgrade? to an officer hosted table.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Thanks Stephen, It was nice meeting you both in May. The last 5 days went so fast, this time we have 12 days. Going to make the most of this up grade.

Hope you get the up grade you are wishing for on your next trip.

Catherine

When you return from your trip, please be sure to write about it.

I try to read all the reviews ( and try to "walk in the shoes of the reviewer")whether they enjoyed the cruise or not., even though sometimes I cannot imagine why they took that cruise or that ship. Like the Transatlantic review that said -reviewer did not like it because there were no ports, and did not like dressing for dinner.

Of well to each his own, enjoy you cruise, and your upgrade.

Only another 75 days before I am back in Sir Samuels

Lynn

Hi Lynn, Can't wait until I'm in Sir Samuels having a nice coffee and pastry.

I will be posting a review when I get back.

Just another 5 days to wait.

Catherine

Lol, I love it that you printed of the tickets so they can't change it back Catherine.

We are going to Barbados at the beginning of November, so we can't complain. Which are just missing our Queens ;)

Lol, I love it that you printed of the tickets so they can't change it back Catherine.

We are going to Barbados at the beginning of November, so we can't complain. Which are just missing our Queens ;)

Hi cinta, just had another look at our VP just in case, still in PG.

Hope you have a good time in Barbados, it will soon come round for you. Just 4 more days and one more shift at work.

Catherine

NorthEast Girl on your upgrade - it is so exciting when that happens (and personally I think it couldn't have happened to a nicer person) ;)

Enjoy your cruise and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Cheers

Penny

Hi Penny, Thanks for the good wishes. I've just finished my shift at work, having a glass of wine to celebrate my hols.

Will be posting a review when I get back. I've just been reading your last post. I've enjoyed reading them so much, it made me feel I was there.

Not too long for me now, hubby is busy doing his ironing and I will start to pack some things tomorrow.

Catherine

Hi,

Having followed "Penny's Journey" and loved every minute of it, I'm currently going through a GM2 "withdrawal"!! I hope you can continue your journey on CC for all of us "Penny" followers to enjoy. We leave for a BtoB TA journey on Oct. 12th.. Have a wonderful crossing!

Not too long for me now, hubby is busy doing his ironing

Catherine

Wow - do you know how impressed I am with that!! hubby opted out of the ironing when we first got married and opted instead to do the cooking - fair swap in my book but sometimes, just sometimes I wish he'd iron his own blooming shirts as he wears them everyday to work - it's a real chore. :D

Wow - do you know how impressed I am with that!! hubby opted out of the ironing when we first got married and opted instead to do the cooking - fair swap in my book but sometimes, just sometimes I wish he'd iron his own blooming shirts as he wears them everyday to work - it's a real chore. :D

Hi Penny,

Both Brooks Brothers and Jos. A Banks (and I'm sure others) have come out with 100% cotton dress shirts that are truly no iron - far different from the "perma-press" of old. I have some that are a year old and they still come out of the dryer looking ironed. Have not tried drying one on a line though - no place for a clothes line on a fifth floor condo.

Best

Crane

Archived