Queen Mary to Long Beach Port

ab0si

It looks as though one can fairly easily walk from the Queen Mary to the Cruise center (or whatever it is called) in Long Beach. Can someone confirm or correct this? Thanks

I've not read a lot of positive comments about the QM, but I will be arriving late the day before my cruise. Being about to walk to the embarkation jsut seems like one less hassle,

Thanks

It looks as though one can fairly easily walk from the Queen Mary to the Cruise center (or whatever it is called) in Long Beach. Can someone confirm or correct this? Thanks

I've not read a lot of positive comments about the QM, but I will be arriving late the day before my cruise. Being about to walk to the embarkation jsut seems like one less hassle,

Thanks

This should confirm just how close it is.

longbeach-1.jpg

We stayed at the QM, 2 nights before our cruise and had a really nice time. The deluxe rooms are larger, the QM really gives you a look at how cruising was like back then.

Enjoy your cruise.

This should confirm just how close it is.

We stayed at the QM, 2 nights before our cruise and had a really nice time. The deluxe rooms are larger, the QM really gives you a look at how cruising was like back then.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks DD. I was concerned that security would not allow "walk-ins." Ya, it would have been nice if I had actually said that in my original post. :)

Thanks again

Paul

We haven't cruised out of Long Beach, only San Pedro, but have stayed on QM over night a couple of times, plus visit her at least once a year.

Yes, it is within walking distance. At one point in time they even had a check in desk for cruise passengers right in the lobby of QM. I don't know if that still exists. We have watched many people walk over, from the QM, you can almost see into the balcony staterooms.

We love staying overnight on QM, although it's not for everyone. The cabins are not modern like hotel rooms, they are vintage. Some people are put off by "old stuff", I enjoy the vintage aspect.

We haven't cruised out of Long Beach, only San Pedro, but have stayed on QM over night a couple of times, plus visit her at least once a year.

Yes, it is within walking distance. At one point in time they even had a check in desk for cruise passengers right in the lobby of QM. I don't know if that still exists. We have watched many people walk over, from the QM, you can almost see into the balcony staterooms.

We love staying overnight on QM, although it's not for everyone. The cabins are not modern like hotel rooms, they are vintage. Some people are put off by "old stuff", I enjoy the vintage aspect.

Thanks, KS. Well, two points.

a) I'm vintage, so why should my hotel not be?

b) I really like the idea of walking to the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
QM still does early check in for Carnival. There is a walkway that leads over to the pier after you check in.

I've been searching for this kind of information. Do you know where I can find details about QM early check in for Carnival?

Thanks!

Thanks

I stayed at the Queen Mary, April 2009. Here are my pics. http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/tracyvansmith/Panama%202009/Queen%20Mary/

We are near the front of the Queen Mary. The dome in the background is Carnivals checkinn and you can see the Carnival ship behind it.

HPIM3472.jpg

I've been searching for this kind of information. Do you know where I can find details about QM early check in for Carnival?

Thanks!

I don't know where there is any information, you could call the QM. I just know if you arrive at the pier early they will send you over to the QM to check in, once check in opens at the pier, they close the early check in at the QM. This has been my experience.

I don't know where there is any information, you could call the QM. I just know if you arrive at the pier early they will send you over to the QM to check in, once check in opens at the pier, they close the early check in at the QM. This has been my experience.

We did early check inn on the QM in April 2009 but I was told they had stopped doing it now. I guess I will find out come Sunday, because we board the Carnival Splendor Oct. 31.

We did early check inn on the QM in April 2009 but I was told they had stopped doing it now. I guess I will find out come Sunday, because we board the Carnival Splendor Oct. 31.

We just stayed on the QM on September 11, 2010, and we did not see any early check-in for the Splendor. When we asked the doorman where to go, he just directed us through the parking lot and over to the Carnival check-in area.

We just stayed on the QM on September 11, 2010, and we did not see any early check-in for the Splendor. When we asked the doorman where to go, he just directed us through the parking lot and over to the Carnival check-in area.

I use to be at the end of the Queen Mary that is closest to the Carnival Cruise ships, ground floor.

I use to be at the end of the Queen Mary that is closest to the Carnival Cruise ships, ground floor.

That's where it was for us, in February of this year. And I am thinking you had to get there before 10:30 am for early check in??

Thanks!

We stayed there last year for our cruise. Early check in is for all Queen Mary guests. It was very confinent and right at the back of the Queen Mary. We did early check in, went to have breakfast, then went over to the port and were on the ship by 12:00. The front desk will have all the info when you check in. It is a great hotel and so great for a Carnival cruise.

Nancy

We stayed there last year for our cruise. Early check in is for all Queen Mary guests. It was very confinent and right at the back of the Queen Mary. We did early check in, went to have breakfast, then went over to the port and were on the ship by 12:00. The front desk will have all the info when you check in. It is a great hotel and so great for a Carnival cruise.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy! I've got the room reserved for August!

• 1 month later...

QM only does early check in for Monday departures, I know that does not make any sense, but we were there in Oct 2009 for the Splendor Sunday departure and were told upon Saturday arrival that we would be able to check in early at the back of QM on the ground floor right where the engine room entrance is. Sunday morning after heading down there and finding no one around I was finally told they only do early check ins on Monday departures.

So in Oct 2010 for our Monday Paradise departure sure enough at 9:30 am they had early check in right where they said it would be at the back of QM on the ground floor. Super fast and all we had to do was wait for Carnival to announce they were boarding group 1 (around 11:30 am) and we walked right on with our sign & sail cards already in hand. I don't believe you have to stay at the QM to get this perk as we saw many people over the course of the morning in line to early check in who did not stay on QM the night before.

Archived