What about Deck 9 on SOS?

Never really hear too much about the deck 9 cabins or balconies on the Serenade. :confused:Don't get me wrong, I've seen a few posts here and there but it seems that 7&8 have the most buzz. Is there a reason for this? Are they better cabins/balconies? Maybe I am wrong on this one and just happen to always catch a post about deck 7 or 8. Has anyone booked a deck 9 cabin that was not a hump or aft and been pleased? Please share your experiences! Photos would be nice too!

Thank you!!!!!:D

Never really hear too much about the deck 9 cabins or balconies on the Serenade. :confused:Don't get me wrong' date=' I've seen a few posts here and there but it seems that 7&8 have the most buzz. Is there a reason for this? Are they better cabins/balconies? Maybe I am wrong on this one and just happen to always catch a post about deck 7 or 8. Has anyone booked a deck 9 cabin that was [u']not[/u] a hump or aft and been pleased? Please share your experiences! Photos would be nice too!

Thank you!!!!!:D

I had a category L on my serenade cruise....I didn't have any issues or concerns with it....to me a cabin is just that a cabin....some place for me to put my head at night, and shower in the morning.

I agree with you but we do enjoy our balcony. I am just happy to be cruising period. However, I was just very curious because I read a few posts today about the other decks and it occurred to me that no-one really talks too much about the deck 9 cabins unless they are a hump or aft and was wondering why.

I suppose because there's nothing "bad" to discuss....cabins above and below...no "obstructions" to speak of, only 2 flights to the upper decks....what's to talk about?

If I couldn't book a deck 10 cabin (my favorite area!), I'd book something on 9.

We had 908 on the SOS this past May and loved it...no noise whatsoever and the balcony is great. This picture does not do it justice...it's hard to get a good shot of the size of it. It's large enough for two loungers, a chair and a small table.

2417186720097872471S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you for posting Terre! I appreciate that. So glad to hear it's pretty quiet on that deck.

You're welcome. I can only testify to our cabin. It was the first one on the left as you enter the hallway right beside the library. You can hear everything when outside, but once inside, we didn't hear anything, even people in the hallway...very unusual. We'd book it again in an heartbeat.

Thank you for posting Terre! I appreciate that. So glad to hear it's pretty quiet on that deck.

I hope you'll be a quiet neighbor. LOL.

I see you post regularly, why don't you join us for the "meet n mingle"?

Either way, perhaps we'll cross paths. I'll be easy to spot.

I'll be the one saying"wow, I can't believe how big it is" all the time.:D

Not to mention, the obvious New Yorkness. Hahahahahahaha.

Archived