The LAFFNVEGAS LIVE From the Celebrity Solstice

LAFFNVEGAS

Your "live from" reports are always enjoyed and appreciated. Even though the ship is leaving the West Coast it is still sailing so the review would still be valuable. Whatever you decide will be fine but know that if you do decide to post that it will be read and enjoyed.

Wendy

Thursday September 16, 2010

Good Afternoon from on Board the Celebrity Solstice docked in Costa Maya, Mexico.

Where Oh Where is this week going??, I cannot believe that it is Thursday already.:eek:

This morning we slept in a bit longer and I sat out on the verandah reading for about 30 minutes after we were docked, then showered and had a late breakfast up in the OceanView Cafe on deck 14 (for HAL people that's the Lido ;)) While it was busy it was definitely not crowded, found a table right away and checked out the amazingly selection of breakfast items. I have to say that the selection is impressive as is the quality, Service is also quite good in the Ocean View Cafe. When we were leaving I ran into Lisa the Cruise Director and I asked her if she knew how much longer Captain Dimitrias will be on board and she said since she just got here she would find out and let me know, so hopefully I can get that information to all of you soon.

After lunch we walked down to Blu to see the menu for this evening, since Tom and I agreed there was nothing that jumped out at us tonight needed to be the night that we selected to go to a Speciality restaurant so while were there we made reservations for Tuscan Grill for 6:30 since we wanted to be out in time to go to the show tonight which is a guy by the name of Sean O'Shea who is a vocalist/impressionist mixed with comedy.

We headed up to the cabin to meet up with Kathy and Bob and then got off the ship. The weather today is hotter and more humid than yesterday and let me just say that the pier is a very long walk especially if your feet are swelling due to the humidty. They do have a trolly car type thing that will take you about 2/3s of the way. Of course when you get to the area where the shops are the first thing you see is Rip Off International:D Oh sorry I mean Diamonds International. We walked around for about an hour and basically the stores are all about the same and the prices seem much higher than in Cozumel but we did find a t-Shirt for our son since we had never been to this port before wanted to purchase a different shirt for him. Kathy and Bob wanted to stay and see what else they could find and Tom and I headed back to the ship. I have made and appointment to get a Facial and massage at 3:00pm so i should be very relaxed for dinner.

It is now 1:15 so I think I will quick post this so I can then head up to the Aqua Spa for the afternoon.

Signing off from the beautiful Celebrity Solstice.

Out!!! :D

Costa Maya is a great port--next time try the Mexican ruins, snorkel trips or great beach adventures--so much to do outside the confines of the port area

Glad you are enjoying Solstice-- we have sailed on her twice & love her..next up for us is Equinox--glad we bookd AQ Class -looking forward to Blu & the PG. Have you tried to relaxation Room or any spa tratments yet?

Silk Harvest is a must do!!!

Lisa,

Was so great to read your reviews...in preparation for our sailing on the Eclipse in Jan (after a week on the Epic...should be interesting!;))

Wonder if the people at Celebrity/cruise director monitor these boards at all? On the Grand Princess the CD said he did so they'd know what was being said about the ship/line but on another line we were on they said they didn't want to know!:cool:

I'm also excited to see that the M-Class are being 'Solsticized' as we're looking at the Infinity for SA!

Thanks again and maybe I'll make one of the Vegas cc get togethers again (if I'm ever in town when you're meeting!)

Jeani

Lisa,

Was so great to read your reviews...in preparation for our sailing on the Eclipse in Jan (after a week on the Epic...should be interesting!;))

Wonder if the people at Celebrity/cruise director monitor these boards at all? On the Grand Princess the CD said he did so they'd know what was being said about the ship/line but on another line we were on they said they didn't want to know!:cool:

I'm also excited to see that the M-Class are being 'Solsticized' as we're looking at the Infinity for SA!

Thanks again and maybe I'll make one of the Vegas cc get togethers again (if I'm ever in town when you're meeting!)

Jeani

Thanks Jeani that would be great, we do get together often and it always feels like we are on a cruise for the evening at a big table all discussing our upcoming cruises :D

• 2 months later...

Apparently Maria Kelly isn't on solstice anymore :'(..Please come back going on in december for christmas cruise ugh im so upset anyone know who is the new activities director...we became friends with her on the august 1st sailing and was looking foward to have her again :/ damn equinox doing 11 night itineraries

Apparently Maria Kelly isn't on solstice anymore :'(..Please come back going on in december for christmas cruise ugh im so upset anyone know who is the new activities director...we became friends with her on the august 1st sailing and was looking foward to have her again :/ damn equinox doing 11 night itineraries

I was on Solstice two weeks ago, CD is Paul Beye. Don`t remember the activity manager. Enjoy!!!

just spent hours going through this. I am heading oout in january on solstice and really look forward to it. One of the best reviews and running commentaries i have seen on here. thank you.

Thanks :) I enjoyed doing this Live from because the cruise was so fantastic icon14.gifCelebrity knows how to do it right

Wow Lisa, I'm so glad your live report came up on the front page of the threads today! I read the entire thing in one sitting and enjoyed every moment. We will board the Solstice for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary within hours of your returning from the Nieuw Amsterdam on March 27. My last cruise was on the Oosterdam to Alaska in 2008, so your comparisons of HAL and Celebrity were particularly helpful. I can't wait to experience the Solstice and may just have to look up Alex in the spa for one of those massages if she's still there. Thanks so much for your detailed live report- it soooo kicked up the anticipation level a few notches!

Wow Lisa, I'm so glad your live report came up on the front page of the threads today! I read the entire thing in one sitting and enjoyed every moment. We will board the Solstice for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary within hours of your returning from the Nieuw Amsterdam on March 27. My last cruise was on the Oosterdam to Alaska in 2008, so your comparisons of HAL and Celebrity were particularly helpful. I can't wait to experience the Solstice and may just have to look up Alex in the spa for one of those massages if she's still there. Thanks so much for your detailed live report- it soooo kicked up the anticipation level a few notches!

Thanks :) You know the Oosterdam has always been one of my favorite ships and if you loved the Oosterdam you will definitely love the Solstice but remember she has a bit of a different feel than HAL but definitely not a hard transition ;)

Archived