Why a Guarantee?

TCF

Just received an email from HAL yesterday for an "upgrade offer". We're on the Ryndam in GTY MM category. They offered an upgrade to a higher deck (promenade and lower promenade) for $69/pp with outside cabin. I declined since I wouldn't pick the promendade deck anyway. I'll wait it out & see if we're upgraded for free. I'm happy with the MM category as is.

Also, shortly after I booked this cruise in March, price reduced $50pp ! So, we were delighted for the savings!

Don't think so. I've always been able to book a guarantee in the category we wish. There will be categories that are only guarantees, but I've never seen a category with only specific cabins.

Just checked our upcoming Maasdam cruise next March. I stopped after ten or so categories but about half of them had the option to book as a guarantee so it appeared to be evenly split. It seems to be hit or miss from one category to the next. For instance, MM guarantee available but not an M and it seemed to skip back and forth like that up through DD. Granted I think the best way is to call, all I was doing was looking on line. It might differ from TA to TA depending on what kind of cabins they're holding or have blocked.

Archived