Full Suite sizes (sq ft) Diamond/Sapphire....?

kymbakitty

Like many cruise lines, the square footage "varies" for the suites. For the OS/PS/VS/PH, the square footage listed indicates 526 - 706. The Grand Suite specifically indicates 1,329.

Now, unless you have actual first hand experience, there is no way to know which suites are the bigger ones and what the different layouts are unless you have, at the very least, toured these suites.

I know when we were on the Dawn Princess on C747, we did have an opportunity to look at a couple other suites above/below us and they were actually quite different.

Does anyone know which ones are the larger ones? I'm guessing the more expensive ones, but that is just a guess.

One of the things I really want is to be able to separate the living area from the bedroom. It looks like you have to get the Grand Suite to have this luxury, but that may not be the case.

We may spring for a full suite for our 20 year anniversary. We've done it before and it is a lot of money (I always wonder....do most people that occupy the suites REALLY pay $10-15k or is it just the fools like us)...but if I do shell out nearly $14k for this cruise (add another $3-4k air), I want to make sure I know what I'm getting and the pictures really don't help much.

So..which ones lean toward the 700 square feet suites (in those categories) and do any of them have a separate bedroom area (even if you can draw a curtain around it!)?

And as important...I'm only talking about suites on the stern.

I have seen a couple pictures, but it is hard to tell where the difference square footage comes in and I haven't seen a single picture where the bedroom is separate from the living area (one big room)...but I have only seen maybe three pictures.

Thank you!!!

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

You can call Princess at 800-princess and ask them to tell you the size of each suite and the balcony. Back in 2001 I did this and it was interesting to see the different sizes. If, for some reason, you get a customer service rep that isn't helpful either try again or google your question. I believe there are some websites that list specific cabin sizes but can' remember which they are.

If exact size and configuration of cabins is a priority with you, it might be worth you while to pay for membership at http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. There, you can see pictures of the various cabins/suites. (You can use the site free for deck plans and other details, but you have to be a member to see the pictures). I know I have contributed many. many pictures to the site, many of them of suites on Diamond. EM

if ur looking at the ships with the grand suite - this is ur best bet - the 700sq foot cabins are the ones at the front on the ship - with a balcony (yes large), but not really usable when sailing.....

the aft suites / some have obstructions are basically the same, with the owner suite being a larger suite.....

all the suites besides the grand suite, have a curtain to draw between bed and living area but the grand suite has a full separate bedroom

hope this helps

Archived