Sun vs. Spirit

teacher_md

Susanrfc - Thanks for the information about Spring Break. The cruise is leaving from New Orleans but I guess that draws a lot of Texans. I really like the Costa Maya area... never been there as a cruise port of call, but the beaches are amazing!

This is a very late Spring Break for us in Maryland as well. It has to do with how late Easter falls next year.

Have a great day!

-aj

We were on the Spirit last year during Spring Break (March). Last year the spirit stoped in Santo Tomas in Guatemala I was not impressed so glad that they changed that port. We loved Costa Maya we did a beach break that I booked not with the ship. At the time that you are going you will not have Spring Break kids from Texas on the ship (March is Texas time for spring break) have fun.

I too am glad. Hubby liked Guatemala, I could care less.

Nita

I've been on both and one of the things I mentioned in an earlier post was that the Sun's pools are pretty small - the two pools are next to each other and one is for adults only and the other is for anyone (there is a very small kiddy pool and hot tub a bit forward by itself). I would think that these pools would be pretty crowded when the Sun goes to warmer climates and they get more than the 40 kids we had in total.

The Spirit has a great kids pool area aft that would draw a bunch of the kids away from the main pools so it should be less busy for adults. I had read quite a bit negative about both ships but found them to be just fine and no real complaints (other than the buffet size on the Sun). The only thing I didn't like about the Spirit was not having a refer but the steward kept our ice bucket full.

Archived