Hotels in St Maarten

fpebbles

Lois & I and Mr. & Mrs. Me_Dimitri stayed at the Sheraton Maho Bay Resort last November. Very enjoyable. Located right at the airport and right on the Caribbean at the end of the famous runway. See my St. Maarten/San Juan SeaDreamII review part way down page 3 of these threads for much more detail.

Jim.

Fpebbles -- that would be sooo cool if you joined us:)

We're actually staying in a timeshare unit at Divi Little Bay for two nights. Whatnot is staying in a hotel right in Phillipsburg, but I can't remember the name of it. . .

Vandrefalk (who is in the Med and not anywhere near London!)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that you and DH are either considering the Jan 7 trip or are definitely going! We are staying one night at Holland House Beach Hotel in downtown Phillipsburg, right on the waterfront with all the shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Plus it's very close to going to the yacht the next day. Reviews on Trip Advisor were acceptable. Just got home last night from our cruise and cooking school. Trying to get back to reality!

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up settling on the Westin. I was initially concerned about distances, but it sounds like cab fare is $30 no matter where you go on the island (an exaggeration, perhaps, but better for my budgeting).

Can't wait to gather at the port! What fun to be sailing and already know 10% of the passenger manifest.

Archived