Carnival Inspiration 5 day W. Caribbean Questions

CruiseAdict218

I just have a couple of questions about this cruise, we are going on one more cruise b/c its alot of money to go on these but my aunt is suborn and wants to do Princess, i have no problem with that but i been dying to sail on a Fantasy-Class ship so i want to convince my mom;):rolleyes::o

1)is it worth flying from NY for a 5 day rather than a 7-day on Princess??

2) is the ship worth it???

3)How is it sailing out of Tampa rather than Ft. Lauderdale??

Feel free to add anything else if u want

I think all of your questions are a little subjective.. no one will really know if it's "worth it" except you.

That being said, we really enjoyed our trip on the Inspiration last year. Our ports of call were Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I like the Fantasy class because they're easy to figure out, and 5 days (for us) is the perfect time - 2 days of travel, 5 days on the ship = a week's worth of vacation. We liked Tampa because we had some friends there we could visit before hand. I liked the port, it was well run and organized and the Florida Aquarium is right next door, which gave us something to do between disembarkation and our train leaving. The Sky Bridge was a wonder to behold sailing out of Tampa. It's one of those "Will the ship make it??" moments.

I would not fly for only 5 days. I would have to do a B2B on Inspiration or the 7 day on Princess ... price it out .. two short cruises might be cheaper.

You make a good point, if only theses ships either A)would just come to NY or B)Have better itineraries than 5, 4, or 3 day Bahamas cruises or that stupid "Eastern Caribbean" cruise that goes to the Bahamas! and Grand Turk, i dont get it, y dont these ships got to St. Marten or is it Maarten and St. Thomas????

Archived