Five in a room?

Jabee

If money is an issue, you can get five in a room. Our friend booked 5 in a room......2 adults, and 3 20 somethings.......it was tight......but how much time do you actually spend in the room.

Their room had the king for the parents, a slide down bunk from the ceiling, a twin sofa, and they brought in a cot.......

You can't put five in a cabin on Conquest-class or Spirit-class ships. Fantasy-class, Destiny-class, and Carnival Dream have cabins that will take five. We did it twice on Carnival Victory - first time the kids were 13, 8 and 4, second time they were 15, 10 and 6. You get a quad cabin and they bring in a rollaway for the fifth passenger.

Most times we get a balcony cabin for ourselves and an inside across the hall for the boys. We just had a quad cabin last week on Carnival Glory for a four-day cruise (just the two younger boys with us this time) and I think we've been spoiled by having two cabins. It was a tight fit for us.

I have a friend with a wife and three kids...oldes it 14.

Can you get five in a room...or should he get two rooms

(I know one in his name and one in wifes name.)

thanks

JB

No need to put a room in his name and one in his wifes. 2 Insides or an outside/balcony and an inside is usually pretty reasonable. Gives space to spread out and more importantly, 2 bathrooms.

Hi,

We did five in a cabin (2 adults, 3 kids) on the Victory and the Sun (NCL) and it was fine. We are now booked on the Liberty for next year and the price for a balcony for 2 + an inside for 3 across the hall was about the same that both of our cabins for 5 cost us each time. Do the math, you may be surprised !

My suggestion would be to book the Dream, or new Magic, if you want 5 in a cabin. The layout is good and you do not need a cot. There is a split bathroom so you will have extra space there. There is more sq. footage then a regular OV cabin, plus you get a window for light vs. an inside.

Archived