Carnival Cruise Corp on board credit

robgvic

Just to clarify, you purchase Carnival Corporation & PLC (not Carnival Cruise Lines) shares. Many confuse the cruiseline with the holding company; they are not one and the same. Carnival Corporation & PLC is a holding company and owns Princess, HAL, Carnival Cruise Lines, Cunard, etc. :) Other than both being owned the holding company, there is no relationship between Princess and Carnival Cruise Lines.

We also bought CCL and got the OBC.

Purchased 100 shares at $30 a share strictly for the OBC. Sold it yesterday for $37 and the proceeds are enough to pay for our three day cruise. Plus the OBC, such a deal! In the future, we will always work our portfolio to try to have at least 100 shares of CCL for the OBC.

I emailed on Monday and haven't heard back yet. I have until December, but like to get things done as early as possible. She must be busy this week. I will follow up next week if I don't hear anything on Friday. The stock price started going up this week.

Did you request an email confirmation?

I also emailed her Monday (actually late Sunday) and just this afternoon received the confirmation email. Still has not shown up yet in "My Princess". You should get yours soon.

Mark

The credit has not appeared on "My Princess" acct. Every time I requested this shareholders credit in the past, it immediately appeared online. Has anyone else NOT had this credit appear? Is it like T/A OBC's which often do not appear? Just trying to head off a problem if needed.

TIA

Mark

The credit has not appeared on "My Princess" acct. Every time I requested this shareholders credit in the past, it immediately appeared online. Has anyone else NOT had this credit appear? Is it like T/A OBC's which often do not appear? Just trying to head off a problem if needed.

TIA

Mark

Credits no longer appear on My Princess if you use a TA. Here is an e-mail I received earlier today:

"Good day Mr. xxxxx,

Please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see credit on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151"

Credits no longer appear on My Princess if you use a TA. Here is an e-mail I received earlier today:

"Good day Mr. xxxxx,

Please note we have a new process with benefits you will not longer see credit on line. Please obtain booking confirmation from your travel agent which identifies benefit as a onboard credit or this email will serve as confirmation.

Bon voyage.

Liza B. McDaniel

Yield Management

Direct 661 753 0305

Fax 661 753 0151"

Thanks Grandpa,

That's what is so nice about these boards. Isn't technology great!

Mark

Our 1st cruise is coming up as CCL share holders and anyone's advise is welcome. Since they are no longer showing OBCs via our personalizer, and we did not specifically ask for confirmation when we faxed our request (didn't know we had to), does the Yield Managment send confirmations via return fax, or do we need to contact someone? This is a learning curve for us, but we are sure we will love the perks. Thanks for your help :)

Our 1st cruise is coming up as CCL share holders and anyone's advise is welcome. Since they are no longer showing OBCs via our personalizer, and we did not specifically ask for confirmation when we faxed our request (didn't know we had to), does the Yield Managment send confirmations via return fax, or do we need to contact someone? This is a learning curve for us, but we are sure we will love the perks. Thanks for your help :)

If you click on the 'view balance and make a payment' option on cruise personalizer, it will show your OBC.

I emailed mine to Liza on Tuesday and received a confirmation email today (I didn't request one). The OBC does not show up on my account - at least as of now.

Archived