"up to 2-for-1 savings" on TA?

cnbfrank

We just got an email today offering up to 50% per person savings off Early Booking Fares in select categories only. Header says "Sail roundtrip from NYC aboard QM2", which is very appealing to us, as my parents did the same on QE2 and had a wonderful couple of weeks driving England in between the voyages.

There's very limited info in a footnote to the email. Where can I find more information on dates/categories??

Tried the Cunard website, but no luck. Do we need to call them direct or use a travel agent to get the details??

Hi Cnbfrank. Are you in the US? I haven't received that e-mail offer, but usually there is a Cunard phone number to call and/or a promotion code. If you ask your travel agent about the pricing and availablility, give him or her the promotion code and your World Club number.

Sounds like a great offer :)

Salacia

There was an email last week offering quite a few 2 for 1 deals, as I had no more time left for this or next I dismissed it, but I assume you can deal with your TA and or Cunard direct.

I did take advantage of the free car parking offer for next year though although that was yet another offer sent via email

We just got an email today offering up to 50% per person savings off Early Booking Fares in select categories only. Header says "Sail roundtrip from NYC aboard QM2", which is very appealing to us, as my parents did the same on QE2 and had a wonderful couple of weeks driving England in between the voyages.

There's very limited info in a footnote to the email. Where can I find more information on dates/categories??

Tried the Cunard website, but no luck. Do we need to call them direct or use a travel agent to get the details??

We had similar in the UK if I went to special offers on the Cunard web site I found more about the deals. You may be able to do same.

We had similar in the UK if I went to special offers on the Cunard web site I found more about the deals. You may be able to do same.

Hi Officeboy. I've never seen a "special offers" heading on Cunard's US website. If there is one, would someone please clue me in. Thanks :)

I saw that offer and spent some time hunting around for good airfares. I am trying to take some of the sting out of one-way tickets, which last time costs more than the discounted fare for the crossing. My goal is to find 2 T/As a few months apart and use one round trip ticket. If I go to London in April/May and back from London in Oct/Nov, I can get fares for about $500 R/T. Now if I can plan my work schedule that far in advance I'll be golden.

(Note-my airfare this June was more than the crossing as I booked the TA based on a low rate offered by Cunard just 17 days before the trip. Try and find a cheap one-way ticket to England in June on 2 weeks notice.)

You might be able to use an open ended RT ticket and then book your 'other way' half a year later. Or look into other cruise lines for the return T.A. I know that NCL does an April and Oct TA so you might be able to come home from a different port ie Dover instead of Southampton.

Just a tip to keep in mind. :)

Also, I didn't see a TA listed in my email, there was a Canada/New England East Coast Explorer, Festive Carribean, and Caribbean Delights nothing about a Transatlantic.

I know. But they are also offering specials for other TA as well.

Hi Q-step. Oh sorry. When you wrote "I saw that offer and spent some time hunting around for good airfares. I am trying to take some of the sting out of one-way tickets..." I wasn't sure that you knew the offer OP referred to was a special offer for a r/t NY TA.

You're right, there are several other TA's being offered at reduced rates. Less expensive than business class air travel from NY to Heathrow in many instances. Hope you find what works best for you.

Regards,

Salacia

Archived