One-way airfare to Rome

winewanderer

DH and I are on a cruise in Oct. of this year. We need one-way airfare from San Francisco or Oakland, CA to Rome. I'm monitoring airfares on http://www.sidestep.com. (love the site BTW).

Last week I saw a $430 one-way fare OAK to Rome and several others for around $500. Today the cheapest is $683. Cheapest today from SF is $590.

Did we miss the boat on that $430.00 fare? I'm confused when the best time is to book a one-way Fall Europe fare. Will we see anything around $500 again before Oct.?

Thanks

Try cheaptickets and also Priceline(the website also shows a buy now fare and links to the website) Our group paid 186 for Newark to London on Virgin Atlantic and on the virgin Atlantic site the same flights was over 650 dollars

I just checked sidestep again. They now show that OAK to Rome flight, and now it's $1 cheaper at $429.00. Anyone know why it showed now and not this morning?
It may be that there's only one or two seats available in the booking class that you need, and someone may have booked them and then cancelled the booking (eg by making a 24 hour hold that's expired).

Or if there's only one seat available in the class, you'll get the fare if you request a quote for one seat, but not if you request a quote for two seats, because when you ask for the second quote, it'll return the price for the lowest class in which there are two available seats.

Archived