So confused re cabin choice in Independence of the seas

CARLSBERG

Help!!

I am now confused as to where to go next in my choice of cabins on the Independence of the Seas, for a Med trip next August.

Originally, it was going to be 2 x E2 cabins, but the agent forgot to hold them and now its full. I need 2 next door due to 12/14 year olds in one.

I can see the following and do not know what deck is best:

6518/6520 Fwd D3

6520/6522 Fwd D3

6694/6696 Aft D1

7350/7352 Aft D1

7684/7696 connecting D1's cureently held

8352/8354 Aft D2

8654/8656 Aft D2

1230/1232 Fwd D1

So there is a range of cabins on decks 6 thru 10! Port and Starboard!

My wife thinks deck 10 is good because the best grade cabins are up there, that is her theory, although i do not want to look cheap against them in a D grade.

And cannot work out if 1230 would be restricted view from balcony being at the end, they do not say they are,

Sorry this is confusing!

Any help appreciated.

I wouldn't book the first 6 or so cabins forward...the D cabin will be exactly the same as any other, no matter which deck it's on. The 2 you are holding are connecting....but NOT with each other! No point to having connecting if you're beside a stranger!

Take 7350 and 7352...they are actually midship (even tho it may say "aft") and in a very convenient location just aft of the "hump"....easy, easy access and they connect to each other!

I wouldn't book the first 6 or so cabins forward...the D cabin will be exactly the same as any other, no matter which deck it's on. The 2 you are holding are connecting....but NOT with each other! No point to having connecting if you're beside a stranger!

Take 7350 and 7352...they are actually midship (even tho it may say "aft") and in a very convenient location just aft of the "hump"....easy, easy access and they connect to each other!

Whoops!

Sorry the one's being held are 7694 & 7696 connecting.

Apologies for confusion, i typed it incorrectly.

Will correct it. SEEMS I CAN'T sorry

Do you think they are ok?

Or still 7350/7352

And any thoughts about deck 10?

Thank you so much

I'd still rather have the location of 7350 and 52....it's so convenient to stairs and elevators! Those on deck 10 are ALL the way forward....a very inconvenient, looooong walk, every time you want to come and go...and if it gets rough, you'll feel it there first! (Think of a see-saw!) Those we named on deck 7 are as close to midship as you'll get....a great location!

#1230 & 1232 in my opinion are "way" too far "forward" and not connecting...The ones you're holding are not really true afts (wake view) and not worth the walk back there...I stand by #7350 & 7352 ..... But it's your decision...and one you should act on quickly or these will be gone !! Good luck !!!

Best of luck to you..You will love the INDY..have been on her many times..By the way I just returned from London doing a week post Baltics cruise...Loved your city and can't wait to return !!!!!

Cheers to you and your family !!!!

Best of luck to you..You will love the INDY..have been on her many times..By the way I just returned from London doing a week post Baltics cruise...Loved your city and can't wait to return !!!!!

Cheers to you and your family !!!!

I am so glad you enjoyed London. Come back soon!

Thank you all for the advice.

I have finally booked INDY 6th August 2011 cabins 7350/7352 D1's.

Hopefully, they will live up to expectations.

Now i will work my way through posts for tips/ideas/excursions etc.

That will keep me busy until next August! So far away.

My itinerary will be:

Schedule: Southampton, England (06 Aug d1630); Gibraltar, UK (09 Aug 0900-1600); Toulon, France (11 Aug 0700-1900); Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy (12 Aug 0700-1900); Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy (13 Aug 0700-1900); Ajaccio, Corsica (14 Aug 0700-1400); Cadiz, Spain (16 Aug 0900-1700); Lisbon, Portugal (17 Aug 0800-1700); Vigo, Spain (18 Aug 1000-1600); Southampton, England (20 Aug a0530)

Congratulations. I think you and your family will be very happy with your location...Now with that choice out of the way you can concentrate on the details of your cruise..enjoy this next step..Your ports are very similar to the ones we will visit on our cruise Aug 27-Sept 3rd on the Liberty out of Barcelona and yes I could not fly thru London with out staying at least a couple of days again post cruise..

Cheers to you all !!!

• 1 month later...
Thank you all for the advice.

I have finally booked INDY 6th August 2011 cabins 7350/7352 D1's.

Hopefully, they will live up to expectations.

Now i will work my way through posts for tips/ideas/excursions etc.

That will keep me busy until next August! So far away.

My itinerary will be:

Schedule: Southampton, England (06 Aug d1630); Gibraltar, UK (09 Aug 0900-1600); Toulon, France (11 Aug 0700-1900); Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy (12 Aug 0700-1900); Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy (13 Aug 0700-1900); Ajaccio, Corsica (14 Aug 0700-1400); Cadiz, Spain (16 Aug 0900-1700); Lisbon, Portugal (17 Aug 0800-1700); Vigo, Spain (18 Aug 1000-1600); Southampton, England (20 Aug a0530)

Carlsberg,

we sailed an almost identical itinerary on the IOS in September 2009 for our 35th wedding anniversary. We had a fabulous time. We stayed three days pre-cruise in London at the City Inn hotel then traveled to Southampton to meet the ship. Every port was great with Rome being our favorite. We met many very nice folks during the cruise and have remained friends and still communicate with some of them. You will have a wonderful time and I wish we could recreate the trip again.

Enjoy!!!!!

Archived