Can you walk to Seven Mile Beach?

kema1987

Cayman is one of our stops and I was wondering if you can walk to Seven Mile Beach or do you have to take a taxi. Also which area of the beach can you go and just relax and snorkel on your own.

Takes about 1 1/2 hours to walk to but if you do about 2/3 of the walk can be done on the beach. We enjoyed the walk back, jump in the water on occasion and had beverages during the walk.

Trust me when I say you don't want to walk to 7 mile beach.

I have walked it years ago when I was younger and in alot better shape and even back then I thought I would die before I got back to the tender area.

Don't waste all that precious port time walking.

Grab a taxi and spend the remainder of your port time doing something fun and exciting. ;)

im in my 40s and in shape. Last time I was there a few yrs ago, I walked, took about 20 minutes to get to nearst point of beach. I just walked through between condos. I wasnt carrying anything except my duffle bag with towels, etc. If your carrying much more then that it may be difficult.

Usually the taxis and busses will take you to a spot that is "popular" and drop you off in a spot where you have to pay to get on beach. That happened to us many yrs ago. Thats why I walked the last time I was there. Im going back in Nov, but havent decided what im doing there yet.

It's like a $4 per person shared cab ride (van) to Royal Palms. I have never been to Sea Grape because I have enjoyed Royal Palms so much. ( Been 3 times) It is free into Royal Palms, there is a little resturant right as you walk in. You can rent chairs and snorkel gear etc if needed

If you're looking to snorkel along with hanging out on a beach, I don't think you'll find any good snorkeling on 7 mile beach. You can go to Cemetary beach, nothing but beach and water but the snorkeling is easy. You can take public transportation that is inexpensive. If you google Grand Cayman snorkeling, you will find a couple websites that give descriptions and directions to off the shore snorkel sites that are easy to get to. We took a cab to 7 mile beach first time we went, and had asked specifically for a good snorkeling beach. We were dropped at a beach that had pay for everything and no snorkeling. We ended up going to Cemetary beach and it was just what we wanted. Second time there we walked to Cheeseburger Reef and snorkeled there. You'll have a great time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. Maybe we should rent a car and try to visit a couple of different beaches - to snorkel at some, just people watch, have lunch, etc. at another, and just drive around the island a bit. Is there an area where we could park near Cemetary Beach?

Thanks for the info. Maybe we should rent a car and try to visit a couple of different beaches - to snorkel at some, just people watch, have lunch, etc. at another, and just drive around the island a bit. Is there an area where we could park near Cemetary Beach?

Park along the shoulder in front of the cemetery. There is a path to the beach (designated with a brown "swimmer" sign) at the far end of the cemetery by some homes. Please respect the grounds and refrain from walking across/through the cemetery to the beach. Best snorkeling (IMO) is on the left side of the beach, in front of the condo (100-200 yds out).

Archived