Article: The world’s three largest and newest cruise ships

waterdave

Thought you all would like this article, interesting that St Maarten can handle all of these passengers at once. I hope to hear from cruisers that were in st maarten tuesday instead of the normally scheduled wedesday, as to how the crowds were.

http://www.thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/8179-the-worlds-three-largest-and-newest-cruise-ships-.html

I loved the picture of those three ships together at St Martin. Thirteen thousand passengers just blows my mind, especially because only Epic was scheduled into St Martin that day and the other two ships showed up out of necessity because of Hurricane Igor.

That would mean that only Epic passengers would have had the benefit of previously scheduled tours. I can't imagine the other, what, ten tousand or so passengers, scrambling for unplanned taxis and tours.

Also, all of St Martin's businesses would be challenged to the max. But I bet they weren't complaining. What a fabulous windfall for them!

yup, it definitely helped out the jewelry stores in st maarten, also because normally when oasis stops in st thomas first, people tend to do shopping there, and do excursions on st maarten. To quote my friend who has a jewelry store here from that day-"thank gods for the ships today- needed it". But good thing about st maarten is that even without the prebooked excursions I'm sure most people were able to book a taxi to take them to the beaches and fun stuff. That was a bad day for traffic though also because the government was fixing potholes on the main road that goes to the airport...

Archived