Navigator of the Seas June 5th Reviews

Eastern Caribbean

Captain Bang

Cruise Director- Ken Rush

Room 1644 JS

Late Dining

Pre-Review notes-

This sailing was sold out, the staff had said that this was the most people they had on the ship in over a year, but it never felt crowded to us.

The staff, was super nice, always willing to help, always smiling, always saying hi and always willing to do anything and everything to make you happy.

As far as all this talk of extra fees, etc. The only extra cost we incured were expected- Alcohol, Chops, Johnny Rockets, bingo, etc.

Meet and Mingle- Kind of a dud, not too many showed up.

My honeymoon Cruise was Beautiful and recommend this for other honeymooners, fun, romantic and all around perfect.

Pre-Boarding-

Spent Friday night at the Radisson for $39 on Priceline, great room on the 15th floor over looking the ports, seeing the ships come in, etc.

Picked up sodas, juice and water at a local market and carried on in my backpack with no one saying a word.

Boarding-

Arrived at pier at approx 12:30pm, since we were on Deck 10, we went directly to the check-in line for that deck and it was the shortest, we had pre-filled out all documentation so check-in was a breeze. We were in our room by 1pm. We went up to windjammer for lunch and went exploring the ship before the crowds arrived. Back to room at 3pm and we had discovered our luggage by the elevators. We asked the loader nicely, if we could grab our own bags and he said no problem. It was nice we were unpacked at settled by 4pm.

Room- Beautiful, Junior Suite Deck 10, huge, plenty of room for 2 people on our honeymoon, I almost upgraded weeks before the cruise to a bigger suite, and it would have been a waste of money, we could never use all the space in our own room. The Balcony was nice and big, the walk-in closet was nice and the room was nice and clean and big. We had our room steward empty our fridge (which was no problem) and I unloaded my sodas in there. We went down to promenade and bought some rum, so we had a weeks worth of rum and cokes in our room during the trip.

Food- Great, I have been on Carnival before and I know that everyone has different opinions on Food, so maybe not everyone will agree with me, but for us it was perfect. Johnny Rockets was good, only a small wait one time, Chops was amazing and the dining room was tasty too. We had a table on Deck 4 almost on the balcony, so we felt like a king and queen overlooking the whole joint.

Service- Like I said, perfect, A++, everyone works so hard and I have a huge respect for them all. We ran into Captain Bang many times, what a great Guy.

Crowds- Good mix of old, middle age and young, never felt over crowded eventhough like I said earlier, crusie was sold out.

Entertainment- Great shows, great ice show, great comedians, good game shows, good pool games. If you come in expecting Broadway, give me a break, but for a cruise, it was A+ Ken Rush Great Crusie Director.

Activities- Non-stop fun and hilarity, with Love and Marriage game, Quest game, etc.

Ports-

Navigator of the Seas Honeymoon Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS 6/04

Ports-

Nassau- Better than expected, went to Cabbage beach next to Atlantis, I believe a $6 pp cab ride, nice clear warm water, than walked along sohre to Atlantis and walked all thru Atlantis never once being asked about a wrost band.

St. Thomas- A little crowded wit h3 ships being in at same time. Took Godfreys tour, A+++++ Can't say enough, so cheap, so good, best tour, the shops were crowded and the one tip that I can give you is if you want to purchase jewels, electronics, etc. do your research before you go, so you know what to get and exactly how much it costs at home.

San Juan- Nice and clean, just walked around by ourselves to old Sna Juan, etc.

Labadee- Our Favorite stop, beautiful, rented rafts and floated in the water all day.

Ship- Clean, bright, still looks brand new, plenty to do, etc.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm sailing NOS this week, I'm so excited! I have a few questions...

How far is cabbage beach from Atlantis? How long by taxi did it take to get there? Did you feel like you had enough time to spend on the beach?

Also, is it long walk to the old town in san juan? Is there anything there apart from shops?

Thanks!

Kelly

ow long till we sail the Navigator...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

cabbage beach was a 10 minute cab ride, it is 5 minutes walking down the beach to Atlantis and plenty of time. Old San Juan 15-0 minutes walking, you can take a cab, also Forts not too far away.

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

the bell desk will tell you, but basically, only go wwalking if it is during the day, I kno we made a rt out of the parking lot then a left two blocks down, then market on your left, but again just ask bell desk in motor lobby.

Another tip, if you ask the bell desk about south beach and he tries to sell you on a restaurant that gives free limo to and from, do not do it, plenty of better restaurants thre.

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

Iceman, There is another thread with a debate going on whether JS rooms can use the suite/deck 10 express check in line. That thread seems to come down to you can use it if you are not on a voyager class ship. NOS is a voyager class ship and you said you had no problem using the suite/deck 10 line. Did the person checking you in say anything to you? Thanks!

Terri

We had a JS on deck 9 (NOS) and went right to the deck 10/suite check-in line. We verified this with the lady that was directing traffic and she said that we were correct to use that line with a JS.

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

we used the line no problem either, as far as a 11 am flt, it all depends on immigration, we were 1st set of luggage colors called at 7am.

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

Congratulations on your wedding. Glad you had a wonderful time. We are cruising in November on NOS who was playing in the Schooner Lounge Paino bar and was it any good.

thank you

Originally posted by iceman111:

sorry, I did not vist there.

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL 2/99

CARNIVAL ECSTASY 3/02

Hi, Shawn!

Wasn't our cruise just the BEST week? I loved everything about it.

Wait a second! The M&M wasn't a total dud ... we met each other and some other nice people, too <vbg>. I know what you mean, though. I did link up with a few other people who should have been there, and my son Edward had a blast with their sons. So all was not lost.

I'm glad you and Jennifer had such a wonderful week, too. I'm sure your honeymoon was perfect! What a perfect ship to be on!!!!

LynnAB

Hello Lynn and Shawn! Sorry I didn't meet you guys. Thought we'd have invitations in our cabins but didn't. I had not noted the time and place of the M&M before I left, figuring it would be in my cabin. I'm sorry I missed it. Was that the best vacation EVER or what????

Archived