Upgraded to an inside cabin on Lido deck - Princess

FrenchPeach

Yes, we just received an upgrade confirmation but I'm not so sure that I want it. I'm nervous about increased motion....it's is a 14 day cruise to Hawaii so I don't want to spend my time feeling nauseous....any arguements to keep it would be great!!

Thanks for your help.....

Yes, we just received an upgrade confirmation but I'm not so sure that I want it. I'm nervous about increased motion....it's is a 14 day cruise to Hawaii so I don't want to spend my time feeling nauseous....any arguements to keep it would be great!!

Thanks for your help.....

I can't answer your question but I just wanted to say that your taking my dream cruise.

Why makes you think there will me increased motion ? What cabins do you have now, as opposed to the new one's they are offering you ?

Whilst I have found these boards invaluable, I also find people can get way too uptight about certain things and picking the exact cabin seems to be high on the list...:D

If the ship is going to rock and roll, you will feel it no matter where you are and if you have a tendency to feel apprehensive as it is, your likely to still be like that no matter where your cabin is...

How long do you spend in your cabin to feel nauseated all the time, not much I bet...I think as long as you have cabins above and below you, you'll be fine...

Good luck with whatever you choose, but I wouldnt worry too much about cabin choice and enjoy your upgrade!!

I'd have to suggest pretend you are sleeping on a waterbed. Teach your brain to roll with the motion, dont fight it. It's natural motion and dont worry, ships move, they are after all on waves. It takes pretty big rollers , like 20 ft from the side to make a 900 ft ship do much more than shudder.

We took the 14 day cruise to Hawaii about 2 years ago and the whole cruise was smooth as glass. We could hardly tell we were moving. We had a Balcony top aft cabin. With the stabilizers that are on these ships now I don't see how anyone could get sea sick. 24 cruises down...........and not one has come up. Have fun and enjoy.

Archived