Igor - To those who live in Bermuda

sarahksmom

Thanks guys,

Looks like we're going to take the hit on Sunday night.

It's big, it's slow and it's still a Cat 3 (that's not good).

(Thinks): Better get in more Dark 'n Stormies and a cooler full of ice for when the power goes out!

The Veendam leaves today and should be well out of reach, though they may get a bumpy ride.

We'll check back in when all the excitement's over.

Have Fun!

32N64W

Boarding up the house and bringing in the plants and lawn furniture tonight. They've already boarded up the front door to my office building.

Will check in afterwards, let you all know how we made out. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, we definitely need them! Jim Cantore is flying in for the storm, which usually isn't a good sign!

Adding my positive vibes to the rest here....hope everyone stays safe and the island fares well.

I was just there a couple of weeks ago, had a great snorkel with Sonny. We love beautiful Bermuda.

Fingers crossed for you all.

AlphaKitty: We need some more pictures on the "What's for Dinner?" thread of your cruise.

JimmyJames

Stay Safe and Sound. I still remember the last "big" hurricane, years ago. It was weeks before the ships sailed to Bermuda....We were the second ship in and there were no flowers at all on the island and the trees were "sandblasted"..

Stay Safe and Sound. I still remember the last "big" hurricane, years ago. It was weeks before the ships sailed to Bermuda....We were the second ship in and there were no flowers at all on the island and the trees were "sandblasted"..

That would be Fabian and we were also there shortly afterwards. After seeing what he did, it was amazing how things were cleaned up and beside the vegetation damage, the only remnants we saw were the blue tarps on many of the roofs.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts - the next 48 hours are going to seem like a very looong time ....

Not to mention the next two to four weeks till power (which also means the water pump) is restored to houses ....

Still, as we say here, when all else fails, just add more rum ...

Archived