Hyatt Regency/Vancouver

pbk917

Great location in downtown. You're a few blocks from Robson Street where there are lots of restaurants/shops. Canada Place docks is a very short cab ride away, as is Stanley Park and many other options.

Its usually a goal for anyone booking by Priceline.

I stayed here last year. There are many restaurants and shopping in the area. You are about 3-4 blocks from Canada Place. Easy walk to Robson Street.

The hotel went through a major renovation a few years ago. The rooms are in good shape, they have down comforters and pillows in the room.

26 million dollar redo a few years back. You are in the heart of things. Below you is a mall with a food court,not bad Chinese Restaurant and a Medical Clinic etc... 2 blocks up the hill is Robson-shops and food! One block down is The Sky Train Station if you get adventurous. # blocks to the left are two department stores standing above a HUGE underground mall.

Note that the Skytrain station is across the alley from the Hyatt - very convenient.

Every time I've walked past the Chinese restaurant in the shopping cent(er/re) at the base of the hotel it's been packed. Apparently the dim sum is extremely popular.

Very expensive bar IIRC.

We just received a Priceline bid on the Hyatt Regency Vancouver for two nights, a Monday and Tuesday night In June, for $85 a night. I think that's a great price any comments please.

I'd say you did very well - Regular rates on other site's are out of sight for that time of year! Last week I bid $73 and got the Hyatt for Thursday 5/19-I too was really pleased! I love Priceline!

Sharon

I too got tired of trying priceline . . was up to $85.00 for two night (3 rooms). Went to Hotwire and booked Hyatt Regency for $101 - still a GREAT price and we are thrilled with location. Sometimes it is just worth a little extra to have it booked.

Redhead621- the dates that you are trying to book is the Canada Day holiday when just about everything in Vancouver is completely booked up so perhaps the Hyatt and other priceline hotels aren't making many rooms available when they know that they can get full price.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

All of the successful bidders that I've read about for this summer's bookings have been for 1 room only. I too have been trying to get 2 rooms for June 9-11 - rejected up to $95. I'm toying with just being patient for another month or going ahead with the Hotwire thing. I really believe that more will open up within 90 days of the date you're looking for.

My first attempts with Priceline were uneventful and actually frustrating. I am booking 3 rooms. Friday evening, I started low, also. $71, $78 and it kept refusing these offers and telling me to adjust my criteria. I obviously couldn't change the specific two nights and didn't want another location. Long story short, had my son sign in under his email, immediately got the three rooms for two nights at $95.00. I wish I could've saved more but I'm **NOT COMPLAINING**!!

WOOHOO!!!! Can't wait! 5/27/05 VOS

:D :D :D :D

RandS;

You don't know which hotel you are getting with HotWire until you pay for it. I was pretty comfortable with this because with HotWire, you are able to choose Downtown Vancouver, which is broken into multiple areas(entertainment, east, west, etc.). You are given a selection of hotels that meet your criteria (such as number of * and ammenities) & location. I actually liked their process better than PriceLine's because you also knew the price you would pay. This is not a Bid process.

if you look on http://www.betterbidding.com under the Canada folder and select Hotwire hotel lists...it will show you the amenities that Hotwire lists for hotels in a given zone. I use them a lot and while I often see hotels come up on Hotwire that they don't have listed I have never gotten bad info from them....it helps a lot trying to figure out what you are looking at.

For Vancouver you would want the DT West zone. FYI the Hyatt RRegency and the Sheraton Wall Center (I think) have the exact same amenities so you can't tell them apart prior to purchase...not a big problem because both are nice places in good locations.

Thanks for the tips pbk917. Can you let me know what criteria you used to get the Hyatt?

The criteria I used is 4*, downtown and of course, the days I needed. Let me tell you, $95 a night is faaar better than $209 per night!!! :D

I have been unsuccessfully bidding through Priceline for 3 rooms for 6/30 & 7/01. Today I bid up to 95.00 per night. Should I just bid 1 room 3 seperate times? Can't figure this one out. I have always had great luck with Priceline bidding.

I just bboked the Hyatt Regency throuhg Priceline for 6-29 for $75.00...I bid gor two rooms and got accepted on my first bid.....

Archived